A+ = Favorite

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    A+ is, by far, one of my favorite certifications. I enjoy teaching it and the content creates a foundation for your IT career. The cert makes you think what avenue you wish to travel down. Do you enjoy security, cloud, networking or help desk? Start with this certification if you are new to the industry.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Russ, I'd suggest that the ITF+ certification is probably a better fit with regard to those in the hunt for an avenue. Just my $0.02. Far more attainable (a single exam) and much broader and more shallow in its content.

Great point! That cert is a great beginning point as well. Thank you for your thoughts!

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Hi, how long do you teach the core 1 and 2 objectives, is tjis a five day class, i find the staff to be too much theory for five days and find time for activities as well. Please assist with the best way.

The school that I am associated with teaches A+ either in five weeks or seven. When it comes to any cert, know your testing objectives and do your due dilligence on any topics that you draw blanks on or unsure of.

R. Pierce

Nov 21, 2019
    Hi, how long do you teach the core 1 and 2 objectives, is tjis a five day class, i find the staff to be too much theory for five days and find time for activities as well. Please assist with the best way.
    This might not be an option for some, but in a college setting, we split core 1 and core 2 into two seperate (3 credit) classes that are taught over 8 weeks each, with both being taught in tandem in a 16 week semester. Students meet Monday-Thursday for 1.5 hours, with hands on labs as well as instruction. It can still be a struggle for some students because indeed the tests are broad and there is much to cover, but students must be willing to do some study on their own.

Reactions: Cyber Russ

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    This might not be an option for some, but in a college setting, we split core 1 and core 2 into two seperate (3 credit) classes that are taught over 8 weeks each, with both being taught in tandem in a 16 week semester. Students meet Monday-Thursday for 1.5 hours, with hands on labs as well as instruction. It can still be a struggle for some students because indeed the tests are broad and there is much to cover, but students must be willing to do some study on their own.

Yes, we also do that as well. Core 1 & 2 are separate classes.

Reactions: R. Pierce

Chris Gehringer

• Jan 26, 2020
    For all of you following this thread, I'm trying to figure out the best way to teach A+ at a high school level where I meet the kids for approximately 180 40-minute sessions. I don't think I can adequately do the teaching, have class discussions, review the material, take the exam, and review how they did (for 13 chapters) in one school year.

How much time do you need to teach A+ and do it well? With delays and interruptions, my guess is that I have students for about 113 hours in my full-year course.