A+ TTT Core1 series Voucher (who not received also ?)

sally hamdy

Mar 28, 2022
It's been a month now after talking to Stephen.😞
And there is no response from @Stephen Schneiter Stephen, He indicated that he will review and respond to the email.
So for those who send an email and address them about the discount voucher.
I see that there has been a lot of delay and confusion since the beginning A+ TTT series.
Also, there is no definitive response regarding the legality of obtaining the future
While I received a voucher of previous TTT Pentest+,CASP+,Data+.

Attachments

• certificate_175692233_a74efafb.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 13
  • certificate_175691747_d5ea4457.pdf
    143.8 KB · Views: 1
  • certificate_175691219_e5e530e0.pdf
    143.8 KB · Views: 2
  • certificate_175691149_d64e021f.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 1
  • certificate_175689801_1a0a166e.pdf
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • certificate_175689685_ea8a14d9.pdf
  • certificate_175689443_d033eb04.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
  • certificate_175687914_bea26114.pdf
  • certificate_175687843_e3c96e0e.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
  • certificate_175682702_a9f2019f.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Muhammad khan
Sally: Not sure what you mean about "no definitive response regarding the legality of obtaining the future" - but Stephen has been fairly busy with a number of activities happening for the last month at CompTIA, from Partner Summit to processing vouchers and following up on requests, the Linux+ TTT, the Project+ Sneak Peek - and not to mention his regular job.

Sometimes it takes a while to get these things sorted.

Meanwhile, I am seeing that all these sessions were completed in a single day. Are you saying you actually sat down for 20 hours straight and watched all the sessions? Seems a bit far fetched to me.

/r

Mahmoud Hussieny

Aug 11, 2022
And there is no response from @Stephen Schneiter Stephen, He indicated that he will review and respond to the email.
So for those who send an email and address them about the discount voucher.
I see that there has been a lot of delay and confusion since the beginning A+ TTT series.
Also, there is no definitive response regarding the legality of obtaining the future
While I received a voucher of previous TTT Pentest+,CASP+,Data+.
I also not recieved yet any of A+ Core 1 or Core 1

sally hamdy

Mar 28, 2022
Sally: Not sure what you mean about "no definitive response regarding the legality of obtaining the future" - but Stephen has been fairly busy with a number of activities happening for the last month at CompTIA, from Partner Summit to processing vouchers and following up on requests, the Linux+ TTT, the Project+ Sneak Peek - and not to mention his regular job.

Sometimes it takes a while to get these things sorted.

Meanwhile, I am seeing that all these sessions were completed in a single day. Are you saying you actually sat down for 20 hours straight and watched all the sessions? Seems a bit far fetched to me.

/r
Rick;

Is this questioning the attendance certificates?
And if you are an employee of CompTIA , then you will have a definitive response to my case instead of expectations!
Is there any objection to completing all the sessions in one day when it is already available?
I am inquiring about the legality of obtaining the discount voucher after completing the sessions at the required time?
And I didn't get a response from Stephen.
There are many fellow trainers who also did not get their discount voucher and did not receive a response yet and it has been more than 4 months
I just want to know if I have the right to receive the TTT voucher or not ?

Thank you

Rick;

Is this questioning the attendance certificates?
And if you are an employee of CompTIA , then you will have a definitive response to my case instead of expectations!
Is there any objection to completing all the sessions in one day when it is already available?
I am inquiring about the legality of obtaining the discount voucher after completing the sessions at the required time?
And I didn't get a response from Stephen.
There are many fellow trainers who also did not get their discount voucher and did not receive a response yet and it has been more than 4 months
I just want to know if I have the right to receive the TTT voucher or not ?

Thank you
Questioning? Yes I am. You posted 10 certificates, all of them on the same date. And by your post, you're saying that you went through twenty hours of content in a single day. So yes, I am questioning that you actually sat down and went through all the training, truly, in a single day.

This is what I believe:

1) You found some method of speeding up the video to a rate that would have made it nigh impossible for you to actually sit and listen to it. I can process things at 2x pretty well, if I am focused on it. Anything faster than that and there's no way I'm actually hearing what is being said. Each video is two hours long.

2) You ran the videos simultaneously, somehow, to shorten the time - which tells me you couldn't have gotten the content.

Now, I am not an employee of CompTIA. I am, however, very interested in not seeing the benefits of CIN being abused, just for folks to get free vouchers and study materials. We've seen this already with people earning vouchers and then selling them to others. All of this was put together to help instructors be able to maintain their credentials and if I saw this, I'd be suspicious.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe you actually did; I'm not beyond apologizing. And what difference does it make if I am an employee of CompTIA or not? What did you do? Did you actually sit through twenty hours of training?

As for whether you have the 'right' or 'legality' of receiving a voucher, that will be up to Stephen and the CompTIA management above him. And if it takes time, it takes time - getting upset about how long its taking, as we see out here, is not productive. Stephen is a very busy individual and processing these for hundreds of people takes a lot of time. I tried explaining that on his behalf.

There are a number of us out here on CIN that try to help Stephen keep CIN in good order and make it better. Personally, I don't care if I ever get a single voucher, book, or an award for that matter. I believe in what we're doing here in the Community, not just here to complain if it takes a few months to get something for free.

/r

Last edited:

Brandon G

Aug 10, 2019
Union County College
Thank you @Rick Butler for your honest and candor. Some members are and will look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth. If you have received vouchers in the past, then you are aware of the delays (COVID-19, past and upcoming trainings, etc.). I am still waiting to receive a voucher, but I am aware of the delay with the distributions, that have been conveyed, with apologies by @Stephen Schneiter and you. If the delay is too long for their taste, they should seek other ways of getting immediate satisfaction. To paraphrase @sally hamdy, there is an expectation to act like adults and professionals, not ungrateful members.

Thank you @Rick Butler for your honest and candor.
Thanks for that, Brandon. I think what CompTIA does for the Instructor Community is very generous. The Train the Trainer program, to me, is very valuable, not because there is potentially a free voucher or book associated with it, but because it helps instructors maintain their credentials and even develop new ones! Personally, the CIN keeps me from getting complacent. CompTIA pays for great instructors to come in and teach classes, network together to share different styles and techniques for teaching the material to students (and I'm grateful to be a part of that, too!) And, as I said, it's just a lot of fun to get online and mix it up with folks during a Session. I have benefitted and gotten to know so many good people out here in the community that, to me, THAT is the value! That's what the CIN is to me.

Stephen and the rest of the CompTIA crew, I believe, do so much and really don't get a lot of credit by the community. Getting to meet them in person at Summit - they're my friends, now, for sure. And I'm thankful for that. And they have my support.

Free book? Free voucher? Whatever. If I get one, great. Yippie. I would say, if that's the only reason a person is here, then they are here for all the wrong reasons.

Eugene

Aug 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Maybe to voice my thoughts. I believe others were assuming a backup plan might have been put in place. For the network to provide training and vouchers I feel that is a gift as well. So I believe everyone has a point. I hope everything is ok with Stephen and he is taking care of everything he needs to and/or enjoying vacation. I was concerned when I didn't get replies after a period of time as well. Thanks for following up @Rick Butler.

I will admit I do skip the videos since I am more proficient in some topics but I can watch in a day, it's like watching anime to me..lol. Also some places are wanting you to always get the new version of the cert even though you are certified. I use them as a great resource. I really like the Data+ section as well. I would like to connect with more instructors on here and see what they do. I am more ethical hacking realm and trying to get more help in networking. More like Cisco packet tracer tips and a couple more in depth questions. Anyone looking to connect feel free to reach out to me. Thanks

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Also, you should not post PII like the Attendance Certificate in a semipublic Forum.
Someone could download the Certs, modify them and use for their own Advantages..
So never, never post something like this. If needed, the Person needing it, will ask to send that to them.

Michael

Last edited: