BitLocaker for Pro for Workstation

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Well, let's see what Microsoft says on the subject: Device Encryption for Windows

In short, Windows 10/11 Professional, Enterprise, and Education support BitLocker, which contrasts that Windows Home Editions do not.

/r

Eugene

Aug 16, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home edition doesn't have several things, usually have to download it like local security policy. Just depends how you can work around somethings to get it. Like you see it doesn't have remote desktop but can type "mstsc" in the cmd prompt and the remote desktop dialog box will appear. I have never tried connecting from it. Just some things I have noted for the home edition of windows.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Home edition doesn't have several things, usually have to download it like local security policy. Just depends how you can work around somethings to get it. Like you see it doesn't have remote desktop but can type "mstsc" in the cmd prompt and the remote desktop dialog box will appear. I have never tried connecting from it. Just some things I have noted for the home edition of windows.
    One of the critical things that we see in the Education field is when student machines that are shipped with Windows Home can't join the school On-Prem domain - they have to be re-licensed for Pro/Enterprise/Edu.

It seems my study books have a conflict in clarifying if Pro for Workstation has/ does not have/support BitLocker. Does Pro for Workstation support or have BitLocker?

Eric B.
    My OS is Windows 10 Pro and I'm able to turn the BitLocker on

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    It seems my study books have a conflict in clarifying if Pro for Workstation has/ does not have/support BitLocker. Does Pro for Workstation support or have BitLocker?

Eric B.
    Windows Pro for Workstation is like Windows Pro, except it supports more RAM and CPUs..
    That is the main Difference. The Rest should be the same.
    So, why should it have not Bitlocker?
    Since it is a Business Feature, which are not Part of the Home Edition.
    Michael

Reactions: Fanuel