Cloud Essentials+ Testing Feedback

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    @Stephen Schneiter @Stephen P

Gentlemen, how are you? I've just tested and passed Cloud Essentials+ this morning and wanted to provide feedback for future change consideration. The exam questions were fair, to the point, non-confusing and testing objectives aligned. There was not one question in my test bank that was odd.

Per the testing objectives:
    Number of questions: 70
    Length of test: 75 minutes

My exam was 73 questions in 60 minutes. I was not concerned with the number of questions, but to do 73 questions in 60 minutes was an unexpected challenge. I had literally a minute left to sum up my exam and that was with speed reading through the questions. I do not feel this is a fair amount of time to accurately and fairly test one's knowledge, especially for an entry-level exam.

I look forward to your reply. I do feel this exam is a great one to work towards!

Thank you!

Attachments

• CompTIA Cloud Ess+ Objectives.pdf
      126.7 KB · Views: 18
    Thanks for the update. I take note of the points that you made on the structure of the questions. Generally, I will agree with you with respect to the time to complete the exams. I must say that I too had found myself racing through the exams and had very little time to review flagged questions. This is something I experienced with my recent upgrade exams in A+ and Network+.

Reactions: Cyber Russ

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Thanks for the update. I take note of the points that you made on the structure of the questions. Generally, I will agree with you with respect to the time to complete the exams. I must say that I too had found myself racing through the exams and had very little time to review flagged questions. This is something I experienced with my recent upgrade exams in A+ and Network+.

Thank you, sir. I would like to see CompTIA make the necessary adjustments to this exam.

I would like to present this cert to my school to implement it in our program, but if the structure of the exam will set students up for failure, then I will have to look elsewhere.

In my humble opinion, I believe that a student may have to gather their thoughts fast and think critically as you may have just under a minute to answer a question. It's imperative that the student not be ill-prepared for the CompTIA certification examinations. I strongly recommend the use of material straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. In other words, students should be encouraged to use CompTIA's Study Guides.

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
    San Antonio, TX

Gentlemen, how are you? I've just tested and passed Cloud Essentials+ this morning and wanted to provide feedback for future change consideration. The exam questions were fair, to the point, non-confusing and testing objectives aligned. There was not one question in my test bank that was odd.

My exam was 73 questions in 60 minutes. I was not concerned with the number of questions, but to do 73 questions in 60 minutes was an unexpected challenge. I had literally a minute left to sum up my exam and that was with speed reading through the questions. I do not feel this is a fair amount of time to accurately and fairly test one's knowledge, especially for an entry-level exam.

I look forward to your reply. I do feel this exam is a great one to work towards!

Thank you!
    I agree with your assessment of the timing. The rule of thumb for multiple-choice exams is supposed to be one minute per question. I wonder why the actual exam engine gave you less time than the objectives say you should get? I would definitely bring that up with CompTIA.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    I agree with your assessment of the timing. The rule of thumb for multiple-choice exams is supposed to be one minute per question. I wonder why the actual exam engine gave you less time than the objectives say you should get? I would definitely bring that up with CompTIA.

@Stephen Schneiter can you assist?

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    What would be a good study guide to use to prepare for the Cloud Essential+

Good morning! Most of the objectives of this exam can be easily researched. Download a copy of the testing objectives (see above posting), and begin breaking them down. Dive deeper into anything that is in question.

Reactions: howie.f
    @howie.f :

I think @Stephen P said it in a previous lecture a couple weeks back:

Test Objectives + Google = Study Guide

I've always trained students at 60 - 90 seconds per question for any quizzes/exams that I would have timed. I'd say this is a good benchmark, particularly for any PBQs that would come up for the assessment. Anything less than that is a bit too hurried for the average learner, I would opine.

/r

Reactions: Stephen P

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    @howie.f :

I think @Stephen P said it in a previous lecture a couple weeks back:

Test Objectives + Google = Study Guide

I've always trained students at 60 - 90 seconds per question for any quizzes/exams that I would have timed. I'd say this is a good benchmark, particularly for any PBQs that would come up for the assessment. Anything less than that is a bit too hurried for the average learner, I would opine.

/r
    Aye, @Rick Butler , that I did! P-)

Reactions: Cyber Russ

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Ok, I had reached out to CompTIA and the site states up to 75 questions in 60 minutes. Click here

With that said, all is correct. I really do think CompTIA should extend the time on this exam.

Thank you, everyone!

Hello @Cyber Russ I will definitely send the feed back to the certification folks. However, they generally base exam time off research conducted via the beta exam process. We will see what type of response we hear back form them.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Hello @Cyber Russ I will definitely send the feed back to the certification folks. However, they generally base exam time off research conducted via the beta exam process. We will see what type of response we hear back form them.

Thank you. I was going strictly by the testing objectives. The objectives should be altered to say up to 75 questions in 60 minutes.

The version of the objectives that I have are from TTT.

Enjoy your holiday!

Thank you!
    I passed the Beta also and am teaching Security+

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Thank you. I was going strictly by the testing objectives. The objectives should be altered to say up to 75 questions in 60 minutes.

The version of the objectives that I have are from TTT.

Enjoy your holiday!

@Stephen Schneiter just as a FYI, the documentation that was provided to us during TTT, states 75 minutes for the exam, but what is stated on the website says 60 minutes. If we can get to the bottom of this, that would be great. Again, the testing experience was not the greatest, due to time.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    @Stephen Schneiter just as a FYI, the documentation that was provided to us during TTT, states 75 minutes for the exam, but what is stated on the website says 60 minutes. If we can get to the bottom of this, that would be great. Again, the testing experience was not the greatest, due to time.

OK, I talked with the Product Management folks and they clarified that there was a mix up in the version of the objectives we distributed during the TTT. The website is showing the correct information, maximum number of questions is 75 and time for the exam is 60 minutes.

Sorry for the confusion! It would be interesting what others are seeing as far as number of questions and time usage. Just fro curiosity.