CompTIA Training Materials

Good day!

I have transferred to a different school which is a CompTIA partner too however, they don't seem to have the labs for CompTIA courses.
Kindly advise what CompTIA partners get as instruction materials, and how to get them, so i can advise my supervisor.

The training institution that I am at is BoxHill Institute in Melbourne, Australia.

Liz Wannemacher

VP Marketing @ CompTIA
Staff member
Jul 31, 2019
Chicago, Illinois
partners.comptia.org
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. That helped answer my query.
We were using PracticeLabs in the previous school that I was at. I reckon, I will then just recommend having the same.

I initially thought that the teaching materials were directly provided by CompTIA

Regards,
Jarrel Rivera

Hello Jarrel, CompTIA actually does provide our own Labs for use by Instructors in the Classroom. You have a few different options with CompTIA Labs:

1.) CompTIA Labs in the Classroom: If you have set up your own classroom lab environment, the lab exercises and files are provided within our book/eBook.

2.) CompTIA Labs Virtual: You have the ability to run these same labs within the virtual environment on the Learn on Demand Systems platform.

3.) CompTIA Labs Virtual with Instructor Facilitation: You also have the ability to set up the virtual lab environment as a "classroom" so so you have the course facilitation tools and have a view in to the progress of each student. This option is also on Learn on Demand Systems Platform.

4.) Finally we also have stand-alone lab simulations via CertMaster Labs

If you can kindly send me your email, I will have a CompTIA Development Manger contact you to walk you through options.

[email protected]

Best,
Liz

Attachments

• CompTIA Labs FAQ.pdf
    261.1 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Jarrel

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Hello Jarrel, CompTIA actually does provide our own Labs for use by Instructors in the Classroom. You have a few different options with CompTIA Labs:

1.) CompTIA Labs in the Classroom: If you have set up your own classroom lab environment, the lab exercises and files are provided within our book/eBook.

2.) CompTIA Labs Virtual: You have the ability to run these same labs within the virtual environment on the Learn on Demand Systems platform.

3.) CompTIA Labs Virtual with Instructor Facilitation: You also have the ability to set up the virtual lab environment as a "classroom" so so you have the course facilitation tools and have a view in to the progress of each student. This option is also on Learn on Demand Systems Platform.

4.) Finally we also have stand-alone lab simulations via CertMaster Labs

If you can kindly send me your email, I will have a CompTIA Development Manger contact you to walk you through options.

[email protected]

Best,
    Liz

This is great to know. Thanks Liz

In attempting to setup labs for A+ Core 2 220-1002 I am getting this error:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> import-module comptia-labs-mups import-module : The specified module 'comptia-labs-mups' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

At line:1 char:1+ import-module comptia-labs-mups+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (comptia-labs-mups:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello @SEASC, the best and fastest way to get support for CompTIA Learn products is to contact support.

Or call 866.835.8020or 630.678.8300 (Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central)

They will be able to help resolve your issues.