Core 2 PBQ: Supporting OS/App Installations Performance-based Question

J Siergiej

• Jul 27, 2022
    I also have no idea what they are looking for. In this case it is unclear what they are looking for. I'm going through the PBQ again and I still don't know what they are looking for. Use sysprep right? Not sure even CompTIA knows. I find a lot of messed up questions on their learning and testing.

Last edited:

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Thanks for sharing the question.
    The long answer is that -> they'll need to do unattended installation, then in the unattend.xml script, that's where they write how their computers should be named. This can be via System Image Manager (SIM).

As to what exactly the PBQ requires as correct answer, am not sure tho.

Reactions: Joel M

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks for sharing the question.
    The long answer is that -> they'll need to do unattended installation, then in the unattend.xml script, that's where they write how their computers should be named. This can be via System Image Manager (SIM).

As to what exactly the PBQ requires as correct answer, am not sure tho.
    I have tried everything I can think of...
    Including but not limited to -
    Windows System Image Manager
    SIM
    System Image Manager
    unattend.xml
    unattend.xml script
    script
    PowerShell
    CMD
    department-serial
    Department - Serial Number
    automatically
    automatically generated computer name
    according to their department and serial number

Anyone have luck yet?

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
    I have tried everything I can think of...
    Including but not limited to -
    Windows System Image Manager
    SIM
    System Image Manager
    unattend.xml
    unattend.xml script
    script
    PowerShell
    CMD
    department-serial
    Department - Serial Number
    automatically
    automatically generated computer name
    according to their department and serial number

Anyone have luck yet?
    We have had the same issue with that PBQ. It might be a glitch in the answer form because we tried everything too with no positive result. Always a 13/15 score with those same two answers marked wrong. If anyone has successfully scored 15/15, please let us know ;-)

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    We have had the same issue with that PBQ. It might be a glitch in the answer form because we tried everything too with no positive result. Always a 13/15 score with those same two answers marked wrong. If anyone has successfully scored 15/15, please let us know ;-)
    What other one did you miss? I have gotten it to a 14/15 but never 15/15.

J Siergiej

• Jul 27, 2022
    The answer is as follows. This is not covered in the lessons from CompTIA but if you know your environment variables it will make sense.

"Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are resolving this issue after receiving the same feedback from a previous learner. The updated PBQ will not be live until early next week. As a courtesy for the inconvenience, we've listed the correct answer below:

The correct answer for the question: "The administrator wants to set up the answer file to name computers according to their department and serial number. How should they set it up?" is: Department-%SERIAL%"

J Siergiej

• Jul 27, 2022
    The one that we always seem to get marked wrong is the one requesting path of install pkg. I think one Student got 14 also but never that one
    You have to make sure you use a capital "S" and use the backslash to denote the root of the drive. -----> S:\

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    The answer is as follows. This is not covered in the lessons from CompTIA but if you know your environment variables it will make sense.

"Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are resolving this issue after receiving the same feedback from a previous learner. The updated PBQ will not be live until early next week. As a courtesy for the inconvenience, we've listed the correct answer below:

The correct answer for the question: "The administrator wants to set up the answer file to name computers according to their department and serial number. How should they set it up?" is: Department-%SERIAL%"
    Oh sweet! Thanks for sharing.