CTT+ Virtual Classroom - Submitting Forms TK0-203

Hi Everybody,
Please, could I get a tip from you?
While completing the "Form-A" for the Virtual Classroom TK0-203, I stumble upon the "Witnesses"and the "Participant" part to be filled in.
Could the Participants (or learners) also be the witnesses completing the form? Or shall the "Witnesses" be a 3rd party body that isn't participating in the classroom?

And for the Form-B part, the "printed email replies" from the learner authorizing the view to CompTIA, shall they be a screenshot or a pdf conversion of the mails?

Thank you very much for the help.

Luca

Last edited:

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi, @Luca3x8 great questions! So, it is my understanding that the Form-A requirement is correct, you will need to have the participants name, signature and contact info for the participants in the recording. It just says that you need witnesses as proof that you are the trainer in the recording.

Therefore, I would say that the witnesses could be also participants as long as they have seen the recording or at least would support that you are the instructor in the video if questioned.

As far as the email proof, PDFs should work.

If anyone else has a different interpretation, please let @Luca3x8 and I know.

Hi @Stephen Schneiter,
    Thank you for the reply.
    The "Form-B" states this:
    • Collect email replies from each attendee stating the following (in Italics) and include the printed email replies with this form
    So, I presume that you are required to collect an email reply from each Student(Participant) with the following text only:
    • "I hereby grant CompTIA permission to use the recorded virtual classroom session, in which I appear as a participant for assessment of skills for the purpose of certification, for the trainer named below."
    Although, it doesn't say about hand signatures,
    yet only about an email reply from each participant, to be later attached to the form.
    (the reason I'm asking this is to avoid the participant to hard-printing + sign + scanning again, and send the mail
    Or worse, meeting the participants in person and to collect their hand-signatures, which could be troublesome with the Covid restrictions.
    See FORM-B attached
    FROM B screenshot.jpg

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I'm pretty sure you don't need hard signatures, just the emails from each stating the required text.
    Correct. When I took CTT+ I got emails from each of the participants and included each as a single-page addendum to the submission PDF. Basically, I combined all documentation into one big PDF, inserting evidence and proof where needed as extra pages. MacOS Preview makes this an absolute no-brainer of a job, though I don't know what tools for Win/Lin would make it this easy.

Update: I got the CTT+! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

A bit confused now:
    I thought the cert would be called (as per comptia.org)
    CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
    As I took the 203(virtual class trainer).
    my cert title is instead:
    CompTIA CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer
    If so, It is a bit deceiving - as the comptia.org says that Candidates having the exams (201 + 202) or (201+203) passed, would acquire the CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)

Or can the 202 be taken as well after passing the 203?

Thank you.

Last edited:
    No, you get CTT+ with either combo (201 + 202 or 201 + 203), they just have slight different names: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer and CompTIA CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer. They are both CTT+, just different emphasize so to speak and both are technically doable if you wanted both. In that case, you don't have to take 201 twice, do just the other video submission.

Lee

Hi @Lee McWhorter
    Thank you for the reply.
    CTT+ is not advertised as being 2 different certs : Virtual Classroom Trainer / Classroom Trainer -
    But as "CompTIA Technical Trainer"

I took the TK0-203 because it is convenient now (due to Covid-19 restrictions) -
    To anyone buying this CompTIA product, they shall be told clearly what they're going to get?

Did CTT+ change? see pics from my 2021 CTT and someone's CTT in 2017:
    Virtual Classroom Trainer.jpg comptia-ctt-classroom-the way it shall be2.jpg

Last edited: