CTT+ Zoom

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    The requirement is "atleast five learner names are visible in the attendee list".

When recording your video, do a screen capture of your entire screen.
    Then in zoom, you can change the "view" to show the learners and their names, then keep the participants list open.

Here's a screencapture from Zoom, that you can probably emulate (picture is not mine).
    I hope this helps!

1683791703485.png

Good explanation. I wonder how they are going to take my demo when I do it with both on-prem and online learners on screen. Probably classify it as "classroom", but since my environment is a hybrid, it will be interesting.
    You would have to either choose virtual or classroom no hybrid available.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Good explanation. I wonder how they are going to take my demo when I do it with both on-prem and online learners on screen. Probably classify it as "classroom", but since my environment is a hybrid, it will be interesting.
    For CTT+, I suggest having a fully in-class or fully virtual class, for recording. The reason is that:

you need to ensure that you cover the basics prior to class
    i.e. talk about amenities, check physical environment, for in-class
    i.e. talk about online tools, check virtual environment, for virtual class

then you'll have to show that you use the appropriate tools for the type of delivery
    i.e use physical whiteboard, handouts, slides, for in-class
    i.e. use virtual whiteboard, chat, annotations, electronic forms, for virtual class.

and you also need to involve the learners within the time of recording
    i.e. ask questions, invite learners to the board, pair or group the learners
    - for virtual, the way how to interact with the students will be different.

While it is possible to do all these in a hybrid setup, it will be challenging tho to cover all of these given the time limit for the recording

For CTT+, I suggest having a fully in-class or fully virtual class, for recording. The reason is that:

then you'll have to show that you use the appropriate tools for the type of delivery
    i.e. use virtual whiteboard, chat, annotations, electronic forms, for virtual class.

While it is possible to do all these in a hybrid setup, it will be challenging tho to cover all of these given the time limit for the recording
    I'm well aware of these stipulations. And I think I can touch the bases in a make-sense kinda way. I'm more likely going to go Classroom for the exam, but we'll have virtuals in the room and interacting. It'll be unique, for sure. But I'd have it no other way. ;)

/r

Reactions: Jarrel

Degaul BANZA

Jul 27, 2022

@Jarrel , can you have some prior advice for recording a classroom exam ?

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    @Jarrel , can you have some prior advice for recording a classroom exam ?

Here's a reference for the classroom recording

Here's a reference for the virtual classroom

• Be mindful of the time - 17 mins to 22 mins only
    • Need to be engaging. Plan it out. Ask students to speak, write on the board, point to the screen, or group themselves.
    • You need to be seen and heard in the recording; so take note of the camera audio/video quality, how far it is, the lighting, etc.
    • Check the reference link above, for the scoring of items per subdomain, so you would know how to plan your delivery.

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020
    Here's a reference for the classroom recording

Here's a reference for the virtual classroom

• Be mindful of the time - 17 mins to 22 mins only
    • Need to be engaging. Plan it out. Ask students to speak, write on the board, point to the screen, or group themselves.
    • You need to be seen and heard in the recording; so take note of the camera audio/video quality, how far it is, the lighting, etc.
    • Check the reference link above, for the scoring of items per subdomain, so you would know how to plan your delivery.
    This is very good. thank you!!

so its possible to self study the CTT+?

Reactions: Jarrel

Sure it is. I think most of us self-studied for it.

The only book out there that I've seen is this one:
    However, it reads pretty verbose - although it does cover everything well enough, you'll have to really put things together for the hands on exam. After that, there's a score of videos out there on YouTube that show candidates taking their practical. Some of them...well, if they can pass, it should be pretty easy, methinks.

/r

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com

Yes, it is indeed possible to do self-study.
    I find the exam to be quite bookish - so, ensure that you read the book thoroughly.

Meanwhile, I am fortunate that I had a group of people who supported me for my CTT+.
    It would be great to have people around particularly for the recording process.
    This includes help with recording (gear and manpower), classroom setup, review of videos, coordination etc.

Reactions: Nate G

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020
    Sure it is. I think most of us self-studied for it.

The only book out there that I've seen is this one:
    However, it reads pretty verbose - although it does cover everything well enough, you'll have to really put things together for the hands on exam. After that, there's a score of videos out there on YouTube that show candidates taking their practical. Some of them...well, if they can pass, it should be pretty easy, methinks.

/r
    Lets see how i can get my hands on this book. Thank you lfor the great feedback

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020
    Yes, it is indeed possible to do self-study.
    I find the exam to be quite bookish - so, ensure that you read the book thoroughly.

Meanwhile, I am fortunate that I had a group of people who supported me for my CTT+.
    It would be great to have people around particularly for the recording process.
    This includes help with recording (gear and manpower), classroom setup, review of videos, coordination etc.
    Thak=nk you for the guidance. i appreciate it.

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    I really wish they were keeping this certification and just made it one cert with two options for submission for exactly this reason.