CySA+ CS0-002 beta exam questions

Solution
See, now I have a bit of a different take - I've been studying for 001 forever now - mostly because Cyber is a relatively new adventure for me, so I'm trying to build up my experiential knowledge as well. I probably won't do the 002 beta, although I've talked to a few people that put themselves through it. Perhaps if one has already done 001 and they wanted to get the inside track on 002, it'd be worth it. But for me, I don't want to break stride, so I'll do the 001.

And then, go after the proverbial pile of certs that I'm working on. I took ITF+ last week, cold turkey, got a 841. So that's one.

I think I'm going to make a Mortal Kombat tournament tower to depict my progress on #irongeek.

Good look to all taking CySA...either...

Alton Foster

Jul 31, 2019
Philadelphia, MS
I would say there is a small benefit to taking the beta. First if you pass then you renew your CySA+ and lower certs. As for the how long it will be open is based on them getting 400 people that have the amount of experience that they are looking for to take the beta.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    I agree with Alton. In addition, I think another advantage is you get to see how the exam is going to change. This will help determine what changes need to occur in teaching to get students prepared for the new exam. Just my take, but I like to see the types of questions that the students will expect to see on the exam.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Thank you, Stephen! I was thinking about that (seeing the exam first hand), but are the questions not going to change after the beta? Or if not, what is the purpose of the beta?

The question go through an evaluation process, comments reviewed and phsycometrics performed. The questions may be tweaked if needed, or removed based on performance. But for the most part these questions will be what you would expect on the actual exam. The exams are constantly refreshed with questions, but you still have an excellent idea of the type and direction of the questions.

Granted that is just my opinion.

Reactions: Zeshan Sattar
    What I like about taking Beta exams is the challenge associated with preparation. You've basically got the draft exam objectives and Google. I literally go through the objectives, one by one, and identify weak points in my knowledge, use Google to identify resources that will strengthen my knowledge, and study using those resources. This technique is shown in the following blog post where I took the Cloud Essentials+ beta exam earlier this year:

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    I agree with Alton. In addition, I think another advantage is you get to see how the exam is going to change. This will help determine what changes need to occur in teaching to get students prepared for the new exam. Just my take, but I like to see the types of questions that the students will expect to see on the exam.
    Good morning! For the beta exam, when does the registration close? Can you provide a link? Thank you!

See, now I have a bit of a different take - I've been studying for 001 forever now - mostly because Cyber is a relatively new adventure for me, so I'm trying to build up my experiential knowledge as well. I probably won't do the 002 beta, although I've talked to a few people that put themselves through it. Perhaps if one has already done 001 and they wanted to get the inside track on 002, it'd be worth it. But for me, I don't want to break stride, so I'll do the 001.

And then, go after the proverbial pile of certs that I'm working on. I took ITF+ last week, cold turkey, got a 841. So that's one.

I think I'm going to make a Mortal Kombat tournament tower to depict my progress on #irongeek.

Good look to all taking CySA...either 001 or 002!

/r

Zeshan Sattar

Nov 18, 2019

Good look to all taking CySA...either 001 or 002!

/r

Interesting viewpoint. When I worked as a Technician, once I'd taken the A+/Net+ I didn't really see the point of going back and re-doing them. However, when I became a trainer, I felt it demonstrated expertise to my learners and to myself by taking the latest version of the exam. I know with the beta this doesn't apply.

I took the 002 beta on New Year's Eve and it is actually quite an interesting upgrade form the 001. Agree with the points above regarding the Performance Based Questions, really made you think - got you to sit there and actually "analyse".

Although, having tried taking a newer exam when revising the content of the old exam, I would say that your approach is 100% valid. ALWAYS take the exam that you have studied for.

Would love your feedback when you take the 001 exam. Best of luck!

Solution