DEFCON Red Team Village Class

I got the honor of teaching class for the Red Team Offensive Village at DEFCON Safemode this year. I thought I'd share. It is on building a cyber range in GNS3 and hopefully some will find useful. Plus this post pushes me ahead of @Stephen P again on the leader board muhaha. P-)

Lee

Welcome back @Lee McWhorter! Glad to see you posting again! I know you are super busy and doing cool things like DEFCON, so it is nice to "see" you again among the "CINners" 😂

Indeed. I took a look at your DEFCON video - didn't get all the way through it (duty/obligations/blah blah), but I plan on finishing it up. Good stuff!

Maybe, @Stephen Schneiter, that's a thing we can do for CIN - in the Resources area, is link up videos like Lee's that are made by CIN members. Categorize them into different subjects (A+/Net+...etc) and build that up as a resource for the community. Thoughts?

/r

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Maybe, @Stephen Schneiter, that's a thing we can do for CIN - in the Resources area, is link up videos like Lee's that are made by CIN members. Categorize them into different subjects (A+/Net+...etc) and build that up as a resource for the community. Thoughts?

This is a good idea. We can definitely work on this.

Reactions: Rick Butler
    So, have the CIN board be the gatekeeper for the content, to make sure anything linked up meets CIN's discriminating and exacting standards. But organizing the links out in that way, I think, will allow allow the big shots as well as the smaller time content producers the ability to contribute stuff they have. The more content we get, the better CIN gets, IMHO.

/r

Reactions: Lee McWhorter

Teckkie2k

Jun 24, 2020
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Indeed. I took a look at your DEFCON video - didn't get all the way through it (duty/obligations/blah blah), but I plan on finishing it up. Good stuff!

/r
    Rick great suggestion!!! I second that!