Finally, Comptia Pentest+

After an onsite bootcamp, out of curiosity, I decided to prepare for and take the Comptia Pentest+.
Mixed reactions from the result, although a very narrow win. Not sure whether to celebrate or go back and dig deeper.
Here we go guys, Comptia Pentest+

Attachments

• Pentest.JPG
    Pentest.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 31

Kiran

Feb 7, 2021
After an onsite bootcamp, out of curiosity, I decided to prepare for and take the Comptia Pentest+.
Mixed reactions from the result, although a very narrow win. Not sure whether to celebrate or go back and dig deeper.
Well Done!! I will be attempting this exam later in the year.

The certification is what counts @Emmanuel Odenyire Anyira! No one will ask you your score, just whether you earned the certification!! Congratulations!!

@Stephen unfortunately i was not able to join the exam which i had scheduled for yesterday (Pentest+), this was the 2nd bad experience, First With CASP+ i was not able to schedule the exam even there were 2 days to deadline and 2nd bad experience yesterday when i did check in twice and then found the exam has been closed , seriously i don't feel to prepare for any CompTIA certification anymore just to get disappointed on the exam day. :confused:

@Emmanuel Odenyire Anyira a big congratulations.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I don't recommend that you go back and dig deeper on a certification you've already passed. Look forward, not backward. If you're interested in Penetration Testing, look at exams from OffSec (OCSP, OSWP, or OSEP) or SANS (GPEN, GXPN, GWAPT, GMOB, GCPN, or GAWN). I would avoid EC-Council certs as their reputation has fallen due to charges of plagarism and poor quality.

Last edited:

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    A win is a win. If it says PASS, then go throw a cold one back and call it good.

And then dig deeper, only for your own knowledge and edification. Because it doesn't matter what the piece of paper says - it matters if you can do the job and that's what we ultimately want here in CIN.

Good work, Emmanuel.

/r