Has Anyone used Cisco's Introduction to Networks Course to teach Networking concepts in prep for the Network + exam?

James Welsh

Nov 2, 2021
Does anyone use Cisco's Introduction to Networks course to teach networking concepts in prep for the Network + certification exam? I have some seniors that want to do extra studying for the Network + exam while the class is learning through the Cisco course. I have given them each a copy of the Official Comptia Network + student guide for N10-008 and we are working on a schedule to keep them accountable to each other. They would like to do the Cisco I can't find a mapping of the Cisco course to the Network + exam objectives.

Reactions: Mallia
I'm not so sure anything like that exists, since 008 is relatively new and the Cisco and CompTIA products would effectively be competitors. The Cisco tool would also be more tilted towards preparing students for their journey to the CCNA, rather than the Network+. While there is a lot of crossover, I wouldn't expect the Cisco course to cover the Net+ Body of Knowledge, and vice versa. In other words, neither course was designed to be mutually inclusive outside of their vendor.

/r

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Does anyone use Cisco's Introduction to Networks course to teach networking concepts in prep for the Network + certification exam? I have some seniors that want to do extra studying for the Network + exam while the class is learning through the Cisco course. I have given them each a copy of the Official Comptia Network + student guide for N10-008 and we are working on a schedule to keep them accountable to each other. They would like to do the Cisco I can't find a mapping of the Cisco course to the Network + exam objectives.
    I dont have a mapping of ITN Cisco course to Net+ exam objectives
    What I got is the course objectives/layout for each course, separately.
    Let me if you need them.

You can do the mapping yourself then share it with your students.