How to create a new account?

Hey everyone,
I have some instructors on my team that I would like to register for CIN, but I can't figure out how to create an account anymore does anyone have an insight so that I can create an easy one pager to give them so that I can get them all set up?
Hey Megan:

So, if your instructors have at least one CompTIA certification, they should have some kind of account already. CompTIA does have an account creation page. Just follow the instructions there.

Once you have an account with CompTIA, you log in and request access on the CIN page. All accounts with CIN have to be approved by an administrator. Shouldn't take a lot of time, methinks.

/r

Megan Bowen

Apr 25, 2022
Hey Megan:

So, if your instructors have at least one CompTIA certification, they should have some kind of account already. CompTIA does have an account creation page. Just follow the instructions there.

Once you have an account with CompTIA, you log in and request access on the CIN page. All accounts with CIN have to be approved by an administrator. Shouldn't take a lot of time, methinks.

/r
That actually uses a different log in that and the store I tried them both. It's a weird circle you click on the create a new account link you get sent to a place you can't create a new account and if you go to the request access page you get sent to a log in for CIN.

That actually uses a different log in that and the store I tried them both. It's a weird circle you click on the create a new account link you get sent to a place you can't create a new account and if you go to the request access page you get sent to a log in for CIN.
I am a very new member, and I know that it took me several tries to get it right. I cannot tell you how I finally did it, but if you first direct them to cin.comptia.org, they will see at the top of the page a link to Register. Have them create their account. Once they have done that, on that same page, there is a link that says Request Access. They have to fill all of that out, and then, as Rick Butler mentioned, it will take a few days for the Admins to approve them.

I want to mention that they will want to synchronize their passwords between all of the sites, and if they create their account for SSO (create it at login.comptia.org) they will have an easier time of things. I was in a vicious circle with my Password Vault that when I would change the password for one site, I would be told that my credentials for the other were now wrong... SSO is the way to go!

Also, out of interest, why are YOU creating accounts for them? Shouldn't THEY be doing that for themselves?

Good luck!

...direct them to cin.comptia.org, they will see at the top of the page a link to Register. Have them create their account....I want to mention that they will want to synchronize their passwords between all of the sites, and if they create their account for SSO (create it at login.comptia.org) they will have an easier time of things.
Some of us have different accounts that don't link into the CompTIA SSO for CIN, so it is a little more complex. Ideally, instructors should already have an account at CompTIA, since they have to have one when they get test results from PearsonVUE. I'd have them check that first.

One other thing to be very aware of - when folks sign up for Train-the-Trainer sessions, they will need to make sure they use the same e-mail address for all sessions. Ideally, they should use the same e-mail address for that. If folks start using different e-mail addresses, it will be very tough to validate whether a person participated in all the sessions in order to confirm that part of Voucher Eligibility. On24, the delivery platform for CIN TTT, is a separate system and does not participate in CompTIA's SSO.

/r

Megan Bowen

Apr 25, 2022
Some of us have different accounts that don't link into the CompTIA SSO for CIN, so it is a little more complex. Ideally, instructors should already have an account at CompTIA, since they have to have one when they get test results from PearsonVUE. I'd have them check that first.

One other thing to be very aware of - when folks sign up for Train-the-Trainer sessions, they will need to make sure they use the same e-mail address for all sessions. Ideally, they should use the same e-mail address for that. If folks start using different e-mail addresses, it will be very tough to validate whether a person participated in all the sessions in order to confirm that part of Voucher Eligibility. On24, the delivery platform for CIN TTT, is a separate system and does not participate in CompTIA's SSO.

/r
That's the thing they tried using the account that they took the A+ with and they can't sign on to request. I literally made a second account that has access to make appointments for tests and it will not let me sign in.

Stuart

May 28, 2022
Hey Megan:

/r
You now have to have a CompTIA account to join CIN by the look of things. Once you have the CompTIA account, as rick said, just request access, and this should be approved

I think the old way of clicking the register at the top of cin.comptia.org no longer works since the new SSO was added

hope this helps add a bit of light

Reactions: Mitch Garvis

Megan Bowen

Apr 25, 2022
You now have to have a CompTIA account to join CIN by the look of things. Once you have the CompTIA account, as rick said, just request access, and this should be approved

I think the old way of clicking the register at the top of cin.comptia.org no longer works since the new SSO was added

hope this helps add a bit of light
So, they have CompTIA accounts when you hit request access to join on the front page of CIN it sends them to a log in they try to login and it doesn't allow they try to make an account it sends them somewhere weird. Before you would get an application now you don't. I myself signed up for another CompTIA account used a completely different computer that has never been on this site I can acess CompTIA and book a test and everything I just can not access the application to sign up for CIN, and it sounds like it is a site problem.

So, they have CompTIA accounts when you hit request access to join on the front page of CIN it sends them to a log in they try to login and it doesn't allow they try to make an account it sends them somewhere weird. Before you would get an application now you don't. I myself signed up for another CompTIA account used a completely different computer that has never been on this site I can acess CompTIA and book a test and everything I just can not access the application to sign up for CIN, and it sounds like it is a site problem.
I don't know about now, but I know that a week or two ago they were having terrible issues. First it told me my password was wrong, then my account was locked and to contact my administrator, and then I just did not have an account... and then it was all working as if nothing happened. Good luck getting it resolved!

Megan Bowen

Apr 25, 2022
I don't know about now, but I know that a week or two ago they were having terrible issues. First it told me my password was wrong, then my account was locked and to contact my administrator, and then I just did not have an account... and then it was all working as if nothing happened. Good luck getting it resolved!
Good to know! And thank you!