Pacing Guides

Ivan Jude Busgano

Aug 28, 2019
Philippines
Hi Mary,

Yes, there is. It can be downloaded as an excel file along with other instructor materials and they call it "presentation planner". Attached herewith are for A+ and Network+ that I have.

Attachments

• Presentation Planners Core 1 and Core 2.xlsx
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Presentation Planner for A+ Core 1.xlsx
    22.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Presentation Planner for A+ Core 2.xlsx
    24.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Presentation Planner for Network+.xlsx
    45 KB · Views: 20

Ivan Jude Busgano

Aug 28, 2019
Philippines
Another question...I have the presentation planners but is there a video on how to use them? I need to be able to manipulate the weeks and I'm not sure how to do that with the planners.
I don't think there's a video on how to use them as it is pretty straight forward. You can just tweak it as you would any excel file and apply simple formula to calculate the hours and minutes that will fit your target schedule.

Reactions: Mary Worley
Mary, you might find the attached useful. It relates to a Security+ class I'll be teaching that starts September 21st and ends November 30th (ten weeks with two sessions a week, each lasting two hours). I have also attached another one for a 18-week class I'm teaching for the fall semester that starts in late August. I find this template very useful in serving as a guide on how to best work through the materials being taught. Of course, I'm not able to stick rigidly to it, but planning ahead is much better than no planning and running out of time at the end of the course.

As a final comment, this isn't a course that I believe can be effectively taught in that boot camp (5-day) format where students are subjected to content being taught as though it was being delivered via a fire hose. That's my $0.02.

Steve

Attachments

• Hawkeye Presentation Planner for Security+.xlsx
    17.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Saddleback Presentation Planner for Security+.xlsx
    17.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Mary Worley

Jun 11, 2021
Mary, you might find the attached useful. It relates to a Security+ class I'll be teaching that starts September 21st and ends November 30th (ten weeks with two sessions a week, each lasting two hours). I have also attached another one for a 18-week class I'm teaching for the fall semester that starts in late August. I find this template very useful in serving as a guide on how to best work through the materials being taught. Of course, I'm not able to stick rigidly to it, but planning ahead is much better than no planning and running out of time at the end of the course.

As a final comment, this isn't a course that I believe can be effectively taught in that boot camp (5-day) format where students are subjected to content being taught as though it was being delivered via a fire hose. That's my $0.02.

Steve1
This is very helpful! I appreciate it!!