Preferred CySA+ Books To Use

Well, these days, I would stand behind the CompTIA branded material. But I've always believed that two books from two different publishers is a wise way to prepare for any exam. Different authors will put information in a different perspective.

I know, even that way, I end up having to go out to other sources (the general web/YouTube/techie sites) and read/hear others' perspectives on conceptual topics. Your mileage may differ, but when I was doing CySA, I ended up reading four different books from every major publisher, just to get all the concepts in my head.

Reactions: Eugene

James Carroll III

Oct 11, 2022
Well, these days, I would stand behind the CompTIA branded material. But I've always believed that two books from two different publishers is a wise way to prepare for any exam. Different authors will put information in a different perspective.

I know, even that way, I end up having to go out to other sources (the general web/YouTube/techie sites) and read/hear others' perspectives on conceptual topics. Your mileage may differ, but when I was doing CySA, I ended up reading four different books from every major publisher, just to get all the concepts in my head.
Thank you @Rick Butler !!! I have access to a pdf version of some CySA+ study guide (book) material that we use for lecture/prep for our learners, but I prefer an actual book. I tend to purchase the CompTIA "All-In-One" books that have the gold and red binding.

Would you or anyone happen to know of a good source to purchase this in physical form as opposed to the eBook?
1669745587885.png

Thank you @Rick Butler !!! I have access to a pdf version of some CySA+ study guide (book) material that we use for lecture/prep for our learners, but I prefer an actual book. I tend to purchase the CompTIA "All-In-One" books that have the gold and red binding.
You bet. Red and Gold binding is McGraw Hill. That was one of the ones I read.

Would you or anyone happen to know of a good source to purchase this in physical form as opposed to the eBook?
Right from the CompTIA Store: https://store.comptia.org/the-official-comptia-cysa-plus-self-paced-study-guide/p/CYS-002-SPPB-20-C

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com

For the official CompTIA book, visit the CompTIA store.

For McGraw Hill book, there's a few that are available in eBay, as opposed to Amazon where it's mostly ebooks.

The official CompTIA training videos re: CySA+ are with ITProTV, but the courses of Mike Chapple on Udemy or LinkedIn Learning are good as well.

Reactions: MonaS