Project+ (PK1-005) Open Beta NOW Available – Register at Pearson Vue

Patrick Lane

Staff member
Apr 29, 2020

Project+ (PK1-005) Open Beta NOW Available – Register at Pearson Vue​

• CompTIA Project+ gives IT professionals the basic concepts to successfully manage small- to medium-sized projects using agile or waterfall methodologies.
  • Beta exam is available from now until April 5, 2022. Results will be sent by Pearson VUE in Sept. 2022 when the results are finalized. Discount beta exam price is $50 USD. Exam code is PK1-005.
  • This exam certification is equivalent to at least 6–12 months of hands-on experience managing projects in an IT environment.
  • You can learn more about the difference between 004 and 005 here: CompTIA Project+ 004 vs. 005: What’s the Difference?
Tentative Launch Schedule for final release of PK0-005:
  • PK0-005 preview Sep 13, 2022
  • PK0-005 general availability mid-Oct 2022

Project+ (PK1-005) Open Beta NOW Available – Register at Pearson Vue​

• CompTIA Project+ gives IT professionals the basic concepts to successfully manage small- to medium-sized projects using agile or waterfall methodologies.
  • Beta exam is available from now until April 5, 2022. Results will be sent by Pearson VUE in Sept. 2022 when the results are finalized. Discount beta exam price is $50 USD. Exam code is PK1-005.
  • This exam certification is equivalent to at least 6–12 months of hands-on experience managing projects in an IT environment.
  • You can learn more about the difference between 004 and 005 here: CompTIA Project+ 004 vs. 005: What’s the Difference?
Tentative Launch Schedule for final release of PK0-005:
  • PK0-005 preview Sep 13, 2022
  • PK0-005 general availability mid-Oct 2022
Hmm...maybe...

/r

Hmm...maybe...

/r
I am in this camp too... I just did Linux+ beta and have a couple other exams to take soonish. Maybe is someone throws me a voucher (hint hint @Patrick Lane haha). One question I have. The existing Project+ is lifetime, is this new one staying that way or going to 3 year renewal?

I am in this camp too... I just did Linux+ beta and have a couple other exams to take soonish. Maybe is someone throws me a voucher (hint hint @Patrick Lane haha). One question I have. The existing Project+ is lifetime, is this new one staying that way or going to 3 year renewal?
I think it's one of the lifers...

It's been an age since I've done anything with PM - last year, I was reading through the PMBOK in preparation for rolling out a new SIS for our school - creating project charters, wbs, and project plan....

Brings back memories of PMGT605...

Patrick Lane

Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Hey Lee! Yes, as Rick said - Project+ will remain "good for life" with new version. Also, I see you positioning for a free beta voucher :)! It's your lucky day, because I have 5 to give away to CIN instructor community. I'll give free beta voucher to you (stay tuned), and the remaining four to anyone who reads this and would like to take the beta (DM me). First come first served. Thanks!

Congratulations Patrick! You are number five! That was the last Project+ beta voucher. I will reach out on DM with the details.
My best, Patrick
And suddenly, this scene comes up - can anyone imagine @Patrick Lane in a turban...?

• Haha
Reactions: Tess Sluijter