Question of the Week #8

Many LMS tools do this, (i.e Canvas). Since it is often tricky to deduce client-side issues, such as, "do you see xyz on your end?", this function is going to allow you, the instructor or supervisor, to see CertMaster in the way that the student would see it. It also gives the instructor the ability to walk a student through, step by step, in case of needing to remotely troubleshoot.

/r

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
I've used it to get more specific about a students progress. The regular Boost Dashboard gives the practice active progress % and ave practice questions %, but if I want to remind a student exactly what lessons they need to finish I "impersonate" them and then remind them of exactly what lessons they have finished and what lessons they have left.

I've used it to get more specific about a students progress. The regular Boost Dashboard gives the practice active progress % and ave practice questions %, but if I want to remind a student exactly what lessons they need to finish I "impersonate" them and then remind them of exactly what lessons they have finished and what lessons they have left.
Well, just so long as they don't have you impersonating them into doing their work! :p

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    This is a great example of how this access/oversight can assist in keeping students on track.

Reactions: Jwehrle

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    How does one see students lab results on ITF certmaster lab?
    Hi Eric, this is a great question, I will answer as best as I can but please let me know if you have any further questions. With ITF+, this is the only Labs content product at CompTIA that is under our "CompTIA" Labs umbrella. This is very different from our "CertMaster" Labs offering, as it does not contain a gradable aspect within the product. As of now there is no plan to develop a CertMaster Labs version for ITF+, but as I mentioned we do have the gradable labs available for all other certifications. If you have Students using this product, all that they will see is a completion status. This goes for any of our CompTIA Labs products, since they are not gradable they will not show within the Reporting feature as well. I hope that answer was not too confusing but I am happy to clarify if needed, thanks for reaching out!

Reactions: YolondaMurray