Renewing CompTIA certifications with non-CompTIA IT industry certification

After passing the CASP+ exam in April 2022, my A+, Net+, Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ are all good through 2025. So is my Data+. My IT Fundamentals+, Project+, Server+, and Cloud Essentials+ are all good for life. That leaves my Cloud+ certification. I passed the beta exam in October 2020 which means it expires in October 2023. Normally, I retake an exam to recertify, or I take a higher level exam to recertify. There is no higher level exam for Cloud+ and I have no idea when the next version will come out, so I'm looking at the list of non-CompTIA IT industry certifications that will give me enough CEUs to renew it.

I was a bit surprised by the list. It contains everything from AWS and Google exams (which make perfect sense) to GIAC exams (ridiculously priced exams) to CGEIT Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (advanced level governance exam) to Offensive Security exams (which require hands-on lab activities) to (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity - CC (an entry-level) cybersecurity exam.

Are there any insiders who can give us insight into how CompTIA chooses the non-CompTIA industry certifications that are accepted for renewing CompTIA certifications?

Meanwhile, I received a free voucher for the (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity - CC exam so I'll be using that to renew my Cloud+.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    After passing the CASP+ exam in April 2022, my A+, Net+, Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ are all good through 2025. So is my Data+. My IT Fundamentals+, Project+, Server+, and Cloud Essentials+ are all good for life. That leaves my Cloud+ certification. I passed the beta exam in October 2020 which means it expires in October 2023. Normally, I retake an exam to recertify, or I take a higher level exam to recertify. There is no higher level exam for Cloud+ and I have no idea when the next version will come out, so I'm looking at the list of non-CompTIA IT industry certifications that will give me enough CEUs to renew it.

I was a bit surprised by the list. It contains everything from AWS and Google exams (which make perfect sense) to GIAC exams (ridiculously priced exams) to CGEIT Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (advanced level governance exam) to Offensive Security exams (which require hands-on lab activities) to (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity - CC (an entry-level) cybersecurity exam.

Are there any insiders who can give us insight into how CompTIA chooses the non-CompTIA industry certifications that are accepted for renewing CompTIA certifications?

Meanwhile, I received a free voucher for the (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity - CC exam so I'll be using that to renew my Cloud+.

Thanks for the insight.
    I am surprised about the CC exam, being a viable option for Cloud+

Earning CEU via non-comptia IT industry certs will have exam cost plus CE fee, but atleast you get a new cert!
    In any case, if you are getting they ISC2 CC cert via free voucher, go for it!

Cloud+ dont have a higher level exam.
    But you can also opt to submit your TTT+ certs, or submit your lesson plan (in case you teach it), or create articles/blogs.
    Just a few options to consider as well.