Sub-Domain 1.1 Desktop styles/user interface

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    That's under A+ core 2, objective 1.1 Identify basic features of Microsoft Windows editions.
    - You need to know the differences between the desktop styles of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 11; how they look like, where's the start menu, the icons, etc.
    - you also need to know the differences between CLI and GUI
    - be familiar with icons, widgets and metro-style

[Windows 7 and 8.1 might not be in new core 2 exam, but it is worth to discuss]

It is best for the students to be able to install and access the various versions of Windows, and for them to experience the environment themselves.

focustech

Dec 3, 2021
    That's under A+ core 2, objective 1.1 Identify basic features of Microsoft Windows editions.
    - You need to know the differences between the desktop styles of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 11; how they look like, where's the start menu, the icons, etc.
    - you also need to know the differences between CLI and GUI
    - be familiar with icons, widgets and metro-style

[Windows 7 and 8.1 might not be in new core 2 exam, but it is worth to discuss]

It is best for the students to be able to install and access the various versions of Windows, and for them to experience the environment themselves.
    Thanks!
    Eric B.

Eugene

Aug 16, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    Can anyone explain windows desktop styles/user interface and what's the objective?

Thanks,
    Eric B.
    IT Fundamentals had some topics on it as well besides A+ (mostly Core2). I would say there should be some kinda of microsoft thread as well if getting more into the actual OS terminology.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    IT Fundamentals had some topics on it as well besides A+ (mostly Core2). I would say there should be some kinda of microsoft thread as well if getting more into the actual OS terminology.
    This is something I've thought about, myself. After MSFT dropped the MCP/MCSE, there was a certification skills gap for a while. MSFT did correct the issue.

Now the thing to remember about Microsoft certs is that they are more focused on roles, not necessarily technology, so you're not going to take a "Windows Server 2019" exam, so to speak.

1. Azure Fundamentals - AZ-900: Since Microsoft is dragging the world, kicking and screaming, into the Redmond cloud, this is the baseline, particularly for many of us trailing edge holdouts.

2. Microsoft 365 Fundamentals - MS-900: If you're going to work on an MSFT tenant in your org, this one is a key.

These two will couple nicely against CompTIA Cloud+.

3. Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktops: Two tests make up this one. MD-100/101 focus on managing Windows Clients, not only in an on-prem situation, but as part of an Azure AD.

4. Windows Server Hybrid Administrator: AZ-800/AZ-801 - Two more exams for this. Integrates on-prem Windows Server with Azure AD.

Now, there are scores of Microsoft exams and certs to conquer for a 0-3 year IT practitioner that will go nicely with the CompTIA repertoire.

/r

Eugene

Aug 16, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    This is something I've thought about, myself. After MSFT dropped the MCP/MCSE, there was a certification skills gap for a while. MSFT did correct the issue.

Now the thing to remember about Microsoft certs is that they are more focused on roles, not necessarily technology, so you're not going to take a "Windows Server 2019" exam, so to speak.

1. Azure Fundamentals - AZ-900: Since Microsoft is dragging the world, kicking and screaming, into the Redmond cloud, this is the baseline, particularly for many of us trailing edge holdouts.

2. Microsoft 365 Fundamentals - MS-900: If you're going to work on an MSFT tenant in your org, this one is a key.

These two will couple nicely against CompTIA Cloud+.

3. Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktops: Two tests make up this one. MD-100/101 focus on managing Windows Clients, not only in an on-prem situation, but as part of an Azure AD.

4. Windows Server Hybrid Administrator: AZ-800/AZ-801 - Two more exams for this. Integrates on-prem Windows Server with Azure AD.

Now, there are scores of Microsoft exams and certs to conquer for a 0-3 year IT practitioner that will go nicely with the CompTIA repertoire.

/r
    I haven't checked out any of the Microsoft Certs in awhile. I might need to again and pay for another Xbox subscription..lol. I need to work toward the Cloud+ certs (comptia). I need to see what the passing score is too again.