The New Cloud Essentials+ Exam

Earlier this year I took the beta exam for this somewhat neglected certification. I thought it was very useful, particularly for that segment of our world that do not necessarily need to be quite as geekish as some of us are, but need to understand cloud basics so they can be effective in making business decisions relative to how the cloud is going to be effectively implemented in their company. I'm looking at championing a grant driven effort that will do much the same as we have done for the ITF+ certification. Along those lines, the effort may well include the development of learning resources that will be public domain and available in a Canvas LMS importable file.

Where I see this "non-geekish" certification fit is for students receiving the ITF+ certification, the Cloud Essentials+ certification, and the AWS Practitioner certification. These three certifications I think would be valuable for that cloud salesperson who needs to have a general understanding of what the Cloud is all about, but not necessarily the depth of understanding required for someone in a technician role. Additionally, it would be valuable for someone in a cloud consumer decision-maker role. I'd appreciate your thoughts......

Reactions: Lee McWhorter