What is the proof of being a Comptia Certified Instructor ?

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
I don't think there's something like that. I don't think CompTIA certifies any of us trainers.

With Firebrand I know they at least demand you have the cert for which you are teaching class. But they also don't require something like CTT+ or a formal education in didactics.

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
I don't think there's something like that. I don't think CompTIA certifies any of us trainers.

With Firebrand I know they at least demand you have the cert for which you are teaching class. But they also don't require something like CTT+ or a formal education in didactics.
No,some organizations asking for proof of qualifications of teaching technical products " as MCT for microsoft" and they expect the same for Comptia

So, it really depends on what you mean by "CompTIA Certified Instructor", because such a designation does not exist in the CompTIA world.

You can use Credly to display your badges, denoting you're a CompTIA Certified professional. You can earn the CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), at least for this year.

But if your client is looking for some kind of designation that says that you are "certified to teach 'this-or-that' certification", I don't think you'll see that.

But here's the plus-side to this - if there is no certification or designation "CompTIA Certified Instructor for ______", well, your client can't ask it of you, right? You've done your due diligence in fulfilling the requirement, I'd think, if you have the cert.

As for CIN doing something, well, I'm not so sure CIN would be in the right place to do that. CIN's point is an information and resource sharing network.

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Wait... isn't having access to CIN validation that you can teach CompTIA material?
    CompTIA materials are easy to get (Online, PDFs, Slides, extended files,...) with low price. It is very different with other vendors (Cisco, CEH,...). So I think that CompTIA was approaching to the markets ==> did not need to restrict their resources.

About Trainer Certificate, in my country It is used when you do the bidding and you can have a lot of ways to control how to validate the trainer to be able to deliver the courses.

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
    CompTIA materials are easy to get (Online, PDFs, Slides, extended files,...) with low price. It is very different with other vendors (Cisco, CEH,...). So I think that CompTIA was approaching to the markets ==> did not need to restrict their resources.

About Trainer Certificate, in my country It is used when you do the bidding and you can have a lot of ways to control how to validate the trainer to be able to deliver the course

No, there's no such thing as a CompTIA Certified Instructor.

You can pass any of the 14 current exams and be certified in that subject. You can pass the CTT+ until it retires in the fall and be a Certified Technical Trainer.

But there is no such thing as a CompTIA Certified Instructor.

Sometimes clients have arbitrary requirements that have nothing to do with ensuring the quality of the instructor or the training. I've had clients require me to be certified in the latest version of MS Office even though I've been MOS Master certified twice and have been using MS Office since Office 97. Passing the test one more time won't prove a thing. I no longer want to jump through that hoop.

Similarly, I had clients who wouldn't let me teach the IT Fundamentals+ class because I didn't hold the cert. I have been A+/Net+/Sec+ certified since 2005 and three more times since then. I finally took the exam in August 2021 just to check the box even though I'm overqualified for that cert.

Certification and recertification is getting time consuming and expensive. I've got a few "Certified for Life" certs, but I'm going to be more selective on the others on which ones I renew in the future. All my certs are good through 2025 so I have time to decide which ones are worth keeping. My main focus now is on new certifications

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
    No, there's no such thing as a CompTIA Certified Instructor.

You can pass any of the 14 current exams and be certified in that subject. You can pass the CTT+ until it retires in the fall and be a Certified Technical Trainer.

But there is no such thing as a CompTIA Certified Instructor.

Sometimes clients have arbitrary requirements that have nothing to do with ensuring the quality of the instructor or the training. I've had clients require me to be certified in the latest version of MS Office even though I've been MOS Master certified twice and have been using MS Office since Office 97. Passing the test one more time won't prove a thing. I no longer want to jump through that hoop.

Similarly, I had clients who wouldn't let me teach the IT Fundamentals+ class because I didn't hold the cert. I have been A+/Net+/Sec+ certified since 2005 and three more times since then. I finally took the exam in August 2021 just to check the box even though I'm overqualified for that cert.

Certification and recertification is getting time consuming and expensive. I've got a few "Certified for Life" certs, but I'm going to be more selective on the others on which ones I renew in the future. All my certs are good through 2025 so I have time to decide which ones are worth keeping. My main focus now is on new certifications
    I disagree with that ,I hope Comptia will start the program of "Certified Comptia Instructor" in the future.

I disagree with that ,I hope Comptia will start the program of "Certified Comptia Instructor" in the future.
    I probably wouldn't count on that happening. The decision to drop CTT+ was fairly recent - I don't see CompTIA instituting a "certified instructor" program if they are dispensing with the Certified Technical Trainer cert. As I understand, if a cert/credential isn't worth the development costs and maintenance, CompTIA is going to discontinue it. CTT+ must have fallen below that line.

And I doubt the 11th hour effort to get those certs by folks will change that. It also doesn't seem to be CompTIA's direction, based on what they talked about during the Partner Summit/ChannelCon back in August.

/r