Why Instructors Should Join Infragard (and Recommend Students do the Same)

Part of what we do is designed to make students better taxpayers. To succeed in this effort we need to help many of our students to have a stronger resume. A way to do that is to promote actions that will (1) increase their involvement in IT/cybersecurity-related groups, and (2) help them to network on a professional level. I recommend students consider joining Infragard. A simple reason is it presents opportunities to participate in activities like the one shown below:

INTERFACE- EDUCATION NETWORKING SOLUTIONS - HAWAII/SOCAL VIRTUAL CONFERENCE (NEW)
DATE:
May 20, 2021
TIME:
8:30 AM Hawaii Time/11:30 AM Pacific
COST: FREE, no cost for InfraGard members to attend INTERFACE on May 20, 2021. You can earn up to 7 CPE credits during day!
DETAILS: Seminar schedule here: https://f2fevents.com/event/hnl21/. The conference will have plenty of door prizes to give away, including Amazon Gift Cards and $500.

While it would have been nice to be able to attend in person, Virtual is a reasonable accommodation. All I have to do is dust off one of my Hawaiian Shirts.

Reactions: Lee McWhorter
We encourage our students to definitely get involved with all such groups and CS cons, etc. While I look forward to the return of in-person cons soon, the ability of students to attend things virtually this last year or so has really opened up opportunities and I expect virtual will still be a part of such groups and cons going forward even when we do return to in-person meetings.