Recent content by Bruce Weaver

  1. B

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    They have definitely had some hiccups lately. It's always good to check https://status.comptia.net/ The 23rd hit our school pretty hard with the outage.
  2. B

    Discount Vocher info

    When announced, they will be posted here https://cin.comptia.org/forums/comptia-webinars.32/
  3. B

    CIN Sneak Peek - Security+ V8

    Busy month for CompTIA webinars! Sneak peek webinars always catch my attention due to the focus on how the domain weights change and new content. Registered!
  4. B

    Passed Linux + V8

    Linux+ is so very different than any other CompTIA cert I have taken with the level of detail presented in the questions. CONGRATS Vijay!
  5. B

    Score vs Save on Assessments

    I see the same thing with mixed student opinions. Some love that they can know they can save the state of their work and return to it later, and others do just as your students have done, assumed save will publish the results to their instructor. I address it in the orientation but a few details...
  6. B

    The Official CompTIA Network+ Instructor Guide (Exam N10-009)

    This is tied directly to the CertMaster Learn Course in the CompTIA store. But note that it cannot be distributed to others.
  7. B

    A+ (Core 1 and Core2) in a 15 week course.

    I agree with Greg here, while some can retain the knowledge of both before testing for Core 1, most will do better immediately after learning the material.
  8. B

    How can I join the live TTT session?

    Welcome! It is really easy, when the next TTT is happening, it will get announced here https://cin.comptia.org/forums/comptia-webinars.32/ and you just click register here and then an email with the link will be provided, similar to this one shown below:
  9. B

    CYSA+ V4

    I received my voucher 7/23. If you have not yet received yours yet, check and make sure you have all of the certificates of completion, these will help you show you should have received a voucher.
  10. B

    Instructor Resources

    I didn't think you were a student, but as a freelance instructor, the situation becomes a bit more complicated. The CompTIA slides are part of the CertMaster courses, so they generally would not be available for use outside of that platform. If you are considering using CompTIA's training...
  11. B

    Exam Rules - BEWARE!

    It isn't just since the AI explosion that I had these same type of issues. No whiteboards, even blank, and you and I had the same thought of sheets over desks for things that couldn't easily be removed.
  12. B

    Instructor Resources

    Your school administration will have this information on who is their Business Development Manager at CompTIA.
  13. B

    CYSA+ V4

    In addition to Rick's statement I would add that Stephen Schneiter stated he will post information to this thread when they are going out: https://cin.comptia.org/threads/cysa.2779/post-24969
  14. B

    Please Don't Distribute Copyrighted Materials

    It is sad that people think the can do this with no repercussions. You could always report it to his employer, Allstate, who would likely not appreciate his shenanigans. :LOL:
  15. B

    Returning to Training After a Break - a couple of questions.

    100% agree with Greg here. Staying up to date with what CompTIA is focused on as a trainer is critical to ensure we give the proper amount of time to a subject. Example: VLAN coverage in A+. Is it huge? No. But was it previously considered reserved for Network+ essentially.