5.1.10 Lab: Cisco Troubleshooting Tools - wrong answer Q#8

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
Australia
www.jarrelrivera.com
Good day! Has anyone done the lab re: 5.1.10 Lab: Cisco Troubleshooting Tools from TestOut Labs for Network+?

One of the tasks says "Test the connection from SFO router to Wrk1".
As you can see in the screenshot, the ping is successful.

1720828631832.png

So we answer the question:

1720828692169.png

But when we check the answers, it will say that we answered it wrong.
1720828722927.png

Per checking, the answer that it is looking for is 0 (zero). What???
1720828770542.png

1720828783256.png

I hope someone from CompTIA and/or TestOut can fix this erratum.

1720828922552.png

Reactions: MBA

LynW

• Jun 30, 2020
    I had the same issue - there is a question mark in the upper right hand corner of the platform. I reported the issue with screenshots directly through the platform. Every time my learners find a similar glitch, we discuss and attempt to replicate, discuss possible issues (for example they may have planned to provide a ping that would route through a down connection. Since we cannot click on any of the connected devices to check for IP address etc,, we can only assume. Also, it could have been a simple keying area in the answer section. These glitches are one thing that I've experienced in the years I've used the platform. So, I've learned to use them as a problem solving situation.

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I had the same issue - there is a question mark in the upper right hand corner of the platform. I reported the issue with screenshots directly through the platform. Every time my learners find a similar glitch, we discuss and attempt to replicate, discuss possible issues (for example they may have planned to provide a ping that would route through a down connection. Since we cannot click on any of the connected devices to check for IP address etc,, we can only assume. Also, it could have been a simple keying area in the answer section. These glitches are one thing that I've experienced in the years I've used the platform. So, I've learned to use them as a problem solving situation.
    Thanks for sharing.
    It's nice to know that it is not just me and my class who is having the same issues. 😅

Reactions: Yassia