Anyone have a Canvas Shell for ITF+ for best practices for a college course?

Dr. Mary Ledbetter

Aug 7, 2024
I am new to CompTIA Instructor network and teaching at a community college in Texas. We are using the soon to be retired ITF+ course. I am interested in tips and best practices for how to present the CompTIA course in Canvas.

I linked the course materials and it is overwhelming, so I know the students will be as well.

It is an 8 week course start to finish.

I have some ideas but if anybody could help fast track me to success, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Steve Linthicum

• Jul 31, 2019
    Oceanside, CA
    slinthicum.edublogs.org
    Mary, I have a Canvas Shell I can provide that was developed by me, two other community college faculty, and a high school teacher. The project was grant funded (I managed the grant). Reach out to me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you. I'm currently using it as I do volunteer instruction for the Diversity Cyber Council.

Reactions: Fanuel

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I am new to CompTIA Instructor network and teaching at a community college in Texas. We are using the soon to be retired ITF+ course. I am interested in tips and best practices for how to present the CompTIA course in Canvas.

I linked the course materials and it is overwhelming, so I know the students will be as well.

I have some ideas but if anybody could help fast track me to success, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
    Dr. Mary - Don't forget to reach out to your CompTIA Business Success Manager for access to all products for Partners. They're usually the ones that can run point on this stuff.

Oh, and since you're new, I'd love to see you drop a post on this thread, so we can get to know you better:

Welcome to CIN!

/r

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org

Thanks!
    You at the right place .

Dr. Mary Ledbetter

Aug 7, 2024
    Mary, I have a Canvas Shell I can provide that was developed by me, two other community college faculty, and a high school teacher. The project was grant funded (I managed the grant). Reach out to me at [email protected] and I'll send it to you. I'm currently using it as I do volunteer instruction for the Diversity Cyber Council.
    Thanks Steve. Just sent you an email using my college email. Very happy to have the help!

Steve Linthicum

• Jul 31, 2019
    Oceanside, CA
    slinthicum.edublogs.org
    Thanks Steve. Just sent you an email using my college email. Very happy to have the help!
    Email sent. I want to share the information below, because it explains how this Canvas course was created, giving credit where credit is due:

This project was funded through the Strong Workforce Program, managed by the California Community College Chancellor's OfficeLinks to an external site.. Given the public nature of the funding, content is available for educational purposes at no cost.

The development team consisted of four educators. They are:

Course content distribution is being managed by California CyberhubLinks to an external site., a non-profit entity that provides services in a variety of ways that focus on providing the critical needs associated with the development of a cybersecurity workforce.

Below are a video resources that can help you with teaching the ITF+ course:

The key focus when teaching the course is covering the FC0-U61 exam objectivesLinks to an external site.. An ITPro.TV video provides an introduction to this certification exam. The entire ITPro.TV series of 18 hours of video content is available at no cost for your students. A video available by clicking HERELinks to an external site. explains the process that enables you and your students how to access these videos.

Reactions: MBA

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org

Thanks!
    We have resources in our platform here check the resource and locate ITF+ courses is self exoplanetary.