CASP+ and Pentest+++

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Hello,

Can anyone provide me with the latest instructor slides for CASP+ and Pentest+?
    You may have to reach out to your CompTIA Business Development Manager for access to materials for these things. They're not generally released, as it were.

Tom.Schultz

Jul 20, 2020
    I'm a little behind on the news and updates with CASP+ and Security X. From what I understand Security X will be replacing CASP+, CASP+ will be retired soon. Does that also mean that Security X will renew lower level certs from PenTest+ all the way down to A+?
    I'm also curious when study materials, TTT, and training materials will be released...I've been putting off studying for CASP+ so I can start with the new material and I want to adjust my plans accordingly.
    Thanks!!

Jul 31, 2024
    I'm a little behind on the news and updates with CASP+ and Security X. From what I understand Security X will be replacing CASP+, CASP+ will be retired soon. Does that also mean that Security X will renew lower level certs from PenTest+ all the way down to A+?
    I'm also curious when study materials, TTT, and training materials will be released...I've been putting off studying for CASP+ so I can start with the new material and I want to adjust my plans accordingly.
    Thanks!!
    SecurityX will replace CASP+
    DataX expanding but not replacing (at least for now) Data+ as a new one targeting more ML (MachineLearning) and DS (DataScience)
    CloudNetX will not replace Cloud+ not Network+ but (at least for now) will deliver a new mixed version of both on more expert level

No more yyyyX certifications, are know for now, some of them just will have refreshed vesion (like Security+)

Tom.Schultz

Jul 20, 2020
    SecurityX will replace CASP+
    DataX expanding but not replacing (at least for now) Data+ as a new one targeting more ML (MachineLearning) and DS (DataScience)
    CloudNetX will not replace Cloud+ not Network+ but (at least for now) will deliver a new mixed version of both on more expert level

No more yyyyX certifications, are know for now, some of them just will have refreshed vesion (like Security+)
    Thanks for the info but that doesn't answer my questions about renewal of lower level certs by these replacements, similar to how CASP+ would have renewed PenTest+ and below, and when study materials, training materials and TTT will be released.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks for the info but that doesn't answer my questions about renewal of lower level certs by these replacements, similar to how CASP+ would have renewed PenTest+ and below, and when study materials, training materials and TTT will be released.
    Hello @Tom.Schultz, I just noticed that it does not look like your question was ever answered and wanted to throw my two-cents out there. Yes, the Xpert series will update lower ranking certs in the pathway, so SecurityX will update PenTest+ and below. As far as the training material and TTT series for SecurityX will be released, I am still waiting on official announcement from the Product Development team. However I am expecting a November launch time frame for both.

I hope this helps. Apologies for the delay.