CLI in Cloud+ objectives

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    In the new Cloud+ objectives (as posted on CompTIA's draft page a few weeks ago), under the IAM objective, there's an item for CLI spelled out as Common Language Infrastructure. While I know that's a real thing (in context of .NET), I can't see how it's directly related to IAM. Any thoughts? Or is this an error and it should actually be command line interface (which makes more sense to me)?

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Good catch, @Jill West
    I think they are referring to CLI - command line interface. :unsure:

The exam objective identified programmatic access and CLI under "secure access to the cloud management environment". Referring to AWS, they might be referring to the one below. For which, CLI would probably then be referring to command line interface.

1718275387256.png

1718274564422.png

Reactions: Jill West

BrianFord

Jun 26, 2023
    Flagler Beach, FL
    fordsnotes.com
    So I checked and learned that this exam objective refers to the Microsoft Common Language Interface Standard.

Not a typo.

Microsoft's Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) is a technical standard and open specification that allows programs written in different programming languages to run on different types of hardware. It's part of Microsoft's .NET platform and is based on the idea that some high-level language programs need to be modified to accommodate system hardware and processing constraints. The CLI allows programs to run on different computer systems without changing the application code.

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    So I checked and learned that this exam objective refers to the Microsoft Common Language Interface Standard.

Not a typo.

Microsoft's Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) is a technical standard and open specification that allows programs written in different programming languages to run on different types of hardware. It's part of Microsoft's .NET platform and is based on the idea that some high-level language programs need to be modified to accommodate system hardware and processing constraints. The CLI allows programs to run on different computer systems without changing the application code.
    I agree that's a thing--related to .NET. But look at the context in the objectives where it's listed:

"Secure access to the cloud management environment", including API, SDK, and web portal. In this context, it makes way more sense for this to be referring to the command line, which is one alternative for accessing the cloud management environment.