Comptia tech+ still not available?

Hi Guys, I/we are in a bit of a bind as I am due to start delivering this course from the 23rd of this month.

With the courseware date being pushed back to yesterday (04/07 UK) from its intended August release date the time for prep was going to be ok, but after its no show yesterday I am a little concerned, especially as I do not have access to the pre-release materials to prepare myself with.

The reason time is so tight is that I fly out on our honeymoon tomorrow afternoon and do not return until the day before I am due to deliver it, all would have been fine, but now...... :(

Can we please have an update as to when it is actually going live, or can someone who has the pre-release PDF so I can read it on the flight please share it

Thank you

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Congrats on the nuptials!

So, Tech+ isn't going to have a PDF like before. All of the materials for certifications that CompTIA is updating are getting pushed into CertMaster Perform - so one of the biggest changes - no books like we had before - at least that's my understanding. Offline learning was something that seemed to be an unanswered request from what I saw at conference.

I'm not sure if the transition guide is out there somewhere yet - but then, I've not had a moment to even look.

@Stephen Schneiter might be able to fill in a couple holes here.

/r

Thank you Rick for the reply, off line learning is something that our learners find really useful, I can understand the need to encourage learners to use the online platform as we can teach progress etc, but for those moments.when you want to brush up on something it's a faff to log in and find the content you need say on a mobile.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    You should be able to get access to the content through the platform. I have reached out to the Customer Success Manager, Leon Cawsey [email protected], for your region and gave him situation. He will need your training org so he can match correctly. It was not in your CIN profile so I could not help him much. You should be receiving email from him.

Leon will be the best to answer your questions about PDFs. I agree with @Rick Butler, I do not think they are available.

Sorry, you are having to manage this with the honeymoon! But, I hope you are able to enjoy the time.

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    @DougBrooks - congratulations on your nuptials.

@Stephen Schneiter and @Rick Butler - is there a material re: changes to the CompTIA course content, that moving forward there will be no offline access?

I thought that CertMaster Perform is an additional platform, with labs etc, then there will still be the CertMaster Learn and ebooks. (?)

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    You should be able to get access to the content through the platform. I have reached out to the Customer Success Manager, Leon Cawsey [email protected], for your region and gave him situation. He will need your training org so he can match correctly. It was not in your CIN profile so I could not help him much. You should be receiving email from him.

Leon will be the best to answer your questions about PDFs. I agree with @Rick Butler, I do not think they are available.

Sorry, you are having to manage this with the honeymoon! But, I hope you are able to enjoy the time.
    Thanks Stephen. I spoke to @Becky Mann about this during Summit. She really wanted to know why schools were insisting on having textbooks still. I can see that CompTIA would probably rather focus the effort into Certmaster Perform, but I think a lot of folks will wonder about this.

On the plus side, it will help the mainstream publishers like Cengage and Pearson when they produce textbooks, methinks. I think the offline component is a major concern for folks.

/r

Reactions: jarrelrivera

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    @Stephen Schneiter and @Rick Butler - is there a material re: changes to the CompTIA course content, that moving forward there will be no offline access?
    I'm not sure how CompTIA is going to address this - perhaps deferring that out to the publishers like Cengage and Pearson, which will probably continue to write text books for those environments that still want them.

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I'm not sure how CompTIA is going to address this - perhaps deferring that out to the publishers like Cengage and Pearson, which will probably continue to write text books for those environments that still want them.
    Thanks @Rick Butler
    This sounds like a good opportunity for book authorships. ;)

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    CompTIA is investing more in online resources for instructor teaching aids. I have been told that you can still get PDF instructor guides from CertMaster; however, they are hoping to discontinue this service in the future. I would recommend having a conversation with Customer Success Managers, as they can help provide information and note specific needs.

One tool that folks should look at is the Accessibility Document. It is listed in the Teaching Aid area under Reference. The accessibility guide is a PDF of all the course content, including questions, lab instructions, etc. 😁

jarrelrivera

Aug 15, 2019
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    CompTIA is investing more in online resources for instructor teaching aids. I have been told that you can still get PDF instructor guides from CertMaster; however, they are hoping to discontinue this service in the future. I would recommend having a conversation with Customer Success Managers, as they can help provide information and note specific needs.

One tool that folks should look at is the Accessibility Document. It is listed in the Teaching Aid area under Reference. The accessibility guide is a PDF of all the course content, including questions, lab instructions, etc. 😁

Thanks @Stephen Schneiter
    I'll look for accessibility documents, moving forward.