How might AI benefit you or your students in CertMaster?

Namon Bills

Staff member
Jun 28, 2024
I'm a UX Designer at CompTIA. I'm hoping to hear from instructors. What is your AI wish list for the CertMaster platform and courses?
  1. How would you hope to be able to use it? In other words, what job would you hire AI to do for you in CertMaster? And why?
  2. What job would your students hire AI to do for them in CertMaster? And why?
  3. How have you already used AI to help you teach?
  4. How are your students using AI currently to help them learn?
  5. What, if any, negative effects of AI are you currently seeing, either for instructors or students?

Reactions: precious
I'm a UX Designer at CompTIA. I'm hoping to hear from instructors. What is your AI wish list for the CertMaster platform and courses?
  1. How would you hope to be able to use it? In other words, what job would you hire AI to do for you in CertMaster? And why?
  2. What job would your students hire AI to do for them in CertMaster? And why?
  3. How have you already used AI to help you teach?
  4. How are your students using AI currently to help them learn?
  5. What, if any, negative effects of AI are you currently seeing, either for instructors or students?
I'm excited about the potential of AI in enhancing the CertMaster platform. Here are my thoughts:

1. AI Role in CertMaster: AI being used for personalized learning paths. By analyzing student performance and preferences, AI could tailor course materials, suggest relevant resources, and provide adaptive quizzes to reinforce learning, which would enhance engagement and retention.

2. Students' AI Needs: I believe students would benefit from AI-driven tutoring. For instance, a virtual assistant could help answer questions in real-time or provide instant feedback on practice tests, making learning more efficient and accessible.

3. Using AI in Teaching: I've utilized AI tools for content generation and to analyze user experience data, helping me refine course materials and improve overall design and functionality.

4. Student Usage of AI: Many of my students are leveraging AI chatbots for study assistance, especially for clarifying complex topics or accessing additional practice questions outside class hours.

5. Negative Effects of AI: I’ve noticed some concerns, such as over-reliance on AI tools, which can lead to reduced critical thinking skills. There’s also the challenge of ensuring that students don’t use AI inappropriately during assessments.

I’m excited to see how we can enhance the CertMaster experience with AI!

Reactions: Namon Bills
  • How would you hope to be able to use it? In other words, what job would you hire AI to do for you in CertMaster? And why?
- use AI to highlight key points from a content, or from a video.
- use AI to auto-generate practice questions, for the certification exam
- use AI to generate status reports for the class and/or for each student
- use AI to create workflows i.e. branching scenarios for guiding the students with their progress in the course

• What job would your students hire AI to do for them in CertMaster? And why?
- students would hire AI to do reports for them (i.e. summary of content or of a video)
- students may hire AI to do the quizzes for them.

• How have you already used AI to help you teach?
- yes, for content creation, referencing, and image creation (i.e. DALL-E)
- AI can likewise be used to create drafts for quizzes, lesson plans, etc

• How are your students using AI currently to help them learn?
- they use AI to gather info and create reports i.e. summary reports, referencing, and image creation.
- they also use AI for ideation

• What, if any, negative effects of AI are you currently seeing, either for instructors or students?
- too much reliance on AI limits the students' ability to think, write and create on their own
- too much reliance on AI limits the students' ability to memorize
- too much reliance on AI may cause people to be lazy thinkers.

I hope this helps!