Job opening - IT Program Director and Instructor

Looking for someone who can start out with training A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, PenTest+ but eventually become the IT program director in charge of the following:

Responsibilities:

1. Program Development and Planning
- Develop and oversee the implementation of IT training programs and courses.
- Set program goals, define scope, and outline necessary resources and timelines.
- Stay updated with industry trends to ensure programs remain relevant.

2. Leadership and Team Management
- Hire, Lead and manage a team of instructors and adjunct trainers.
- Provide training, mentorship, and performance evaluations to staff.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive team environment.

3. Curriculum Design and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that all courses meet high-quality standards and align with industry certifications.
- Regularly review and update curriculum to incorporate new technologies and practices.
- Develop and implement assessment methods to evaluate student progress and program effectiveness.

4. Budget and Resource Management
- Develop and manage budgets for IT programs.
- Ensure optimal allocation of resources, including hardware, software, and learning materials.
- Monitor expenses and ensure cost-effectiveness.

5. Stakeholder Communication
- Act as the primary point of contact for program stakeholders, including students, instructors, and industry partners.
- Provide regular updates on program progress and outcomes.
- Address and resolve any stakeholder concerns.

6. Student Engagement and Support
- Develop strategies to enhance student engagement and retention.
- Provide support and resources to help students succeed in their courses.
- Oversee job placement services and build relationships with potential employers.

7. Risk Management
- Identify potential risks to program success and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accreditation standards.

8. Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Track program performance against established metrics.
- Prepare and present regular reports to senior management.

Qualifications:

- Certifications in the courses you will be teaching in information Technology and at least 2 years training experience required
- Proven experience in program management, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Budget management experience.
- Knowledge of current IT industry trends and certifications.

Desired Skills

- Project management certification (e.g., PMP) is a plus.
- Experience with curriculum design and instructional technology - We can adapt whichever platform you are comfortable with
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Student engagement - The ability to create a collaborative and engaging environment during and after course completion is critical
- Communication both written and verbal to both staff and students will be required
- Mentorship - provide student support during and after graduation (provide testing support, tools and resources)
- Internships - Connect with local businesses to establish internships and apprenticeships for graduates
- Trustworthiness - Communication and collaboration with stakeholders is key. Time sheet fraud will not be tolerated
- Transfer knowledge - Students who enroll with ACT are typically career changers and new to the IT industry, logging out of class and leaving students to fend for themselves is unacceptable. The student experience is everything to ACT AND the student.
- Your hourly salary is dependent on you actually working - i.e. If you did not actually work 40 hours, you will not be paid for 40 hours. Thought that would be self explanatory but apparently not speaking from experience
- Understanding of local workforce boards, grants, services and job placement services (will train)
- Policies and Procedures - Knowledge of school and student policies and procedures is a must. You will have access and discretion to implement these with stakeholder approval.
- This is a remote position - however, local Tampa area candidates a plus.
- Salary is commensurate upon education, certs, work history and skill set as well as training experience.
- This is a full time position with consistent work year round

Robina

• Nov 5, 2021
    Pakistan
    Looking for someone who can start out with training A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, PenTest+ but eventually become the IT program director in charge of the following:

Responsibilities:

1. Program Development and Planning
    - Develop and oversee the implementation of IT training programs and courses.
    - Set program goals, define scope, and outline necessary resources and timelines.
    - Stay updated with industry trends to ensure programs remain relevant.

2. Leadership and Team Management
    - Hire, Lead and manage a team of instructors and adjunct trainers.
    - Provide training, mentorship, and performance evaluations to staff.
    - Foster a collaborative and supportive team environment.

3. Curriculum Design and Quality Assurance
    - Ensure that all courses meet high-quality standards and align with industry certifications.
    - Regularly review and update curriculum to incorporate new technologies and practices.
    - Develop and implement assessment methods to evaluate student progress and program effectiveness.

4. Budget and Resource Management
    - Develop and manage budgets for IT programs.
    - Ensure optimal allocation of resources, including hardware, software, and learning materials.
    - Monitor expenses and ensure cost-effectiveness.

5. Stakeholder Communication
    - Act as the primary point of contact for program stakeholders, including students, instructors, and industry partners.
    - Provide regular updates on program progress and outcomes.
    - Address and resolve any stakeholder concerns.

6. Student Engagement and Support
    - Develop strategies to enhance student engagement and retention.
    - Provide support and resources to help students succeed in their courses.
    - Oversee job placement services and build relationships with potential employers.

7. Risk Management
    - Identify potential risks to program success and develop mitigation strategies.
    - Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accreditation standards.

8. Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
    - Track program performance against established metrics.
    - Prepare and present regular reports to senior management.

Qualifications:

- Certifications in the courses you will be teaching in information Technology and at least 2 years training experience required
    - Proven experience in program management, preferably in an educational setting.
    - Strong leadership and team management skills.
    - Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
    - Budget management experience.
    - Knowledge of current IT industry trends and certifications.

Desired Skills

- Project management certification (e.g., PMP) is a plus.
    - Experience with curriculum design and instructional technology - We can adapt whichever platform you are comfortable with
    - Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
    - Student engagement - The ability to create a collaborative and engaging environment during and after course completion is critical
    - Communication both written and verbal to both staff and students will be required
    - Mentorship - provide student support during and after graduation (provide testing support, tools and resources)
    - Internships - Connect with local businesses to establish internships and apprenticeships for graduates
    - Trustworthiness - Communication and collaboration with stakeholders is key. Time sheet fraud will not be tolerated
    - Transfer knowledge - Students who enroll with ACT are typically career changers and new to the IT industry, logging out of class and leaving students to fend for themselves is unacceptable. The student experience is everything to ACT AND the student.
    - Your hourly salary is dependent on you actually working - i.e. If you did not actually work 40 hours, you will not be paid for 40 hours. Thought that would be self explanatory but apparently not speaking from experience
    - Understanding of local workforce boards, grants, services and job placement services (will train)
    - Policies and Procedures - Knowledge of school and student policies and procedures is a must. You will have access and discretion to implement these with stakeholder approval.
    - This is a remote position - however, local Tampa area candidates a plus.
    - Salary is commensurate upon education, certs, work history and skill set as well as training experience.
    - This is a full time position with consistent work year round
    If it is remote Iam available

Hello Kristin,

This sounds interesting and I live in St Pete Beach. I have been teaching for over 30 yrs. I would love to here more about this. How can I reach you?

Peter Bagley
    Hi Peter, wow a local guy! Yes please send me your resume. Let's talk. [email protected]

Hi Peter, wow a local guy! Yes please send me your resume. Let's talk. [email protected]
    Hello Kristin,

This sounds interesting and I live in St Pete Beach. I have been teaching for over 30 yrs. I would love to here more about this. How can I reach you?

Peter Bagley
    Hey Peter, let's connect when you can. I'm am up off Dale Mabry in Lutz just over the county line from Hillsborough into Pasco.