Labsim - CertMaster Perform

LynW

• Jun 30, 2020
    Point of note: for those who already have TestOut accounts and courses - the Network+ Certmaster Perform is likely included if Network+ has previously been one of your courses. I had an early sneak peek earlier this year when a few lessons became available. As an instructor who has used TestOut for 5+ years, my primary reason was the cloud-based simulations to use as support for my teaching; the learners could work on them anytime and redo them at will. I am delighted with the updated simulations in CertMaster Perform. Love the change of language from quiz to review. Well done on the Network+ update.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I do have one question - do we not have access to the older CM materials, such as the Instructor/Student Guides, the transition guide, and some of the other helpful resources from previous iterations of CertMaster? Or will CM Perform be the textbook replacement as well?

Reactions: Joel M

LynW

• Jun 30, 2020
    I do have one question - do we not have access to the older CM materials, such as the Instructor/Student Guides, the transition guide, and some of the other helpful resources from previous iterations of CertMaster? Or will CM Perform be the textbook replacement as well?
    Great point @Rick Butler - For the past 5 years, that has been an issue with TestOut LabSim - It is fabulous for simulations and it serves as a textbook (printable), but I've always requested purchase of the CompTIA Student Guides for a well rounded supply of information for learners to use. I appreciated the supply of the Instructor/Student guides as part of CertMaster TTT. So,, to add my voice to your question -- will CompTIA publish a new edition of Network+ Instructor guide and Student guide? And if so, will the instructor guide be added to the currently available instructional resources available under "Resources", Teaching Aids???

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Great point @Rick Butler - For the past 5 years, that has been an issue with TestOut LabSim - It is fabulous for simulations and it serves as a textbook (printable), but I've always requested purchase of the CompTIA Student Guides for a well rounded supply of information for learners to use. I appreciated the supply of the Instructor/Student guides as part of CertMaster TTT. So,, to add my voice to your question -- will CompTIA publish a new edition of Network+ Instructor guide and Student guide? And if so, will the instructor guide be added to the currently available instructional resources available under "Resources", Teaching Aids???
    Hey Lyn: I am told that these materials are under development and we should see them, forthwith. One of the things that CompTIA started doing is creating a window by which materials were launched as they are developed.

I'm pretty sure we'll see them soon. :)

/r

Reactions: Joel M