• We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Penetration testing tools

precious

Apr 22, 2024
I've found that students often struggle with practical applications of pentesting tools. One way I make this easier is by using Kali Linux labs to demonstrate real-world scenarios. For example, I set up a vulnerable machine using Metasploitable and have students practice using Nmap for network discovery and Metasploit for exploitation. I also encourage them to experiment with EvilPDF for embedding payloads into PDFs, which ties in nicely with social engineering topics. Does anyone have tips on simulating phishing attacks for teaching purposes?

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
I've found that students often struggle with practical applications of pentesting tools. One way I make this easier is by using Kali Linux labs to demonstrate real-world scenarios. For example, I set up a vulnerable machine using Metasploitable and have students practice using Nmap for network discovery and Metasploit for exploitation. I also encourage them to experiment with EvilPDF for embedding payloads into PDFs, which ties in nicely with social engineering topics. Does anyone have tips on simulating phishing attacks for teaching purposes?
my self I also use trytohackme site it is an excellent site and not so expesive