Recent content by Mitch Garvis

  1. Mitch Garvis

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    I don't necessarily disagree... but I think we can all agree that Rick hates Microsoft, and he is less concerned by WHO is eating their lunch than he is that someone is eating it ;)
  2. Mitch Garvis

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    lol! No problem. Keep it clean I say! ;)
  3. Mitch Garvis

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    Rick, I really wish you wouldn't beat around the bush... do you like Microsoft or not? :P
  4. Mitch Garvis

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    I cannot imagine dropping Windows completely... but I have curtailed my use of it somewhat. Story to follow. (and yes, I was married to a Microsoftie, and she divorced me! Turnabout would be fair play ;) )
  5. Mitch Garvis

    Passed Linux Plus

    Congratulations Wezzie! I passed it in November and agree that it is NOT an easy exam. Fortunately, CompTIA has plenty of resources to help.
  6. Mitch Garvis

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    I do not disagree… but I don’t only want them passing the exam, I want them having some hands-on experience. It also gives me a break from lecturing.
  7. Mitch Garvis

    SecAI+

    Thanks ! You and I have been at it long enough to field those questions… it’ll be easier than what I’m teaching this week - a custom in-house course on AI Attack and Defend. Next week should be a cake walk compared to that! ;) (although I am loving this class too!)
  8. Mitch Garvis

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    That’s what I was doing… not teaching until Monday. I actually had the decks and pdf but wanted to see if the labs were working.
  9. Mitch Garvis

    SecAI+

    Interesting... I don't see a thread about this reasonably new certification? OUR STORY SO FAR: It was Friday afternoon when the training broker emailed me to ask if I have this certification, and if I am available the weeks of September 28 and October 5. Available? YES. Certified? No... but it...
  10. Mitch Garvis

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    Wait... I am much better now. Let me explain: Yesterday afternoon I logged into my CompTIA portal to make sure I could download the courseware for the class I am teaching next week. It wasn't listed... and neither were any other courses! Until a few hours earlier I had dozens of courses...
  11. Mitch Garvis

    Passed Cloud+

    I confess, I did not give this exam the respect I should have. I studied for a day and then sat it. I did not ACE it, but I passed. I know what to focus on prior to my first delivery (which I think is in October).
  12. Mitch Garvis

    Circling Back...

    There was a discussion (started by me) a few weeks ago about an MCT who inadvertently violated exam policy by using a touch screen. I sat the Cloud+ exam yesterday and after waiting 42 minutes for the proctor, I decided to ask. According to him, if your hardware is a touch screen but you do not...
  13. Mitch Garvis

    Unused vouchers received

    Stephen there is no need to reach out to you any further. With regards to my career I stay out of grey areas. You say it's not condoned, I am not interested in either giving or receiving. Thanks for your quick response! (I was actually asking completely theoretically... I have one voucher from...
  14. Mitch Garvis

    Unused vouchers received

    I just thought of something that had never occurred to me, and before I even think about it, I was going ask here. If we receive a voucher for an exam that we cannot use, are we allowed to gift it to someone else in the CIN who did not receive it?
  15. Mitch Garvis

    Exam Rules - BEWARE!

    Thank you for letting me know! I was planning on asking the next time I sit an exam, but you saved me the trouble.