1101 exam Objective 3.6 Network scan services

Can anyone explain what we should be covering with students to prepare for 1101 objective 3.6 in the following topic area?

Network scan services
Email
SMB
Cloud services
If I had to take a guess, I would say this is revolving around multi-function copiers that support scanning documents to e-mail, local drive share, and the cloud. Probably also takes a look at cloud printing services as well.

/r

PETER HANWITH HORDEN

Mar 11, 2022
Hello!
Can anyone explain what we should be covering with students to prepare for 1101 objective 3.6 in the following topic area?

Network scan services
Email
SMB
Cloud services

Thanks!
Faithe Wempen
Hello Faithe I was your technical editor for your 901/902 Mcgraw -hill will check it out for you Peter Hanwith-Horden my name i son the book will look in the next day for you

PETER HANWITH HORDEN

Mar 11, 2022
If I had to take a guess, I would say this is revolving around multi-function copiers that support scanning documents to e-mail, local drive share, and the cloud. Probably also takes a look at cloud printing services as well.

/r
I came from copier networking was connectivity tech
one of the problems we had home versions of windows did not have SMB and then you cant scan to folder or desktop you need windows pro or enterprise why ms did have it home versions i dont know my customers had go out and buy professional versions which fixed the problem

Makes sense. Windows Home editions rely on creating Home Groups or cloud-based sharing (like OneDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox/etc), so SMB shares are a problem. Of course, in real-world scope, a Windows Home user is not really likely to use a network multi-function copier or something with these kinds of services, except perhaps as a print client. Certainly not as a repository for network scanning jobs from a MFD copier.

I've seen the same situation in schools where students have Windows Home as part of their kit, but were unable to complete the labs that relied on SMB file shares, or other things like domain operations, BitLocker, and Azure integration. Of course there are those one-offs or SOHO users that went out and got Windows Home box to save a few bucks. Many of them had to virtualize a WinPro box to see those functions.

/r

Reactions: Youssry

PETER HANWITH HORDEN

Mar 11, 2022
Hello!

Network scan services
Email
SMB
Cloud services

Thanks!
Faithe Wempen
The SMB is missing out of home versions of windows home versions that means you can not scan to desktop or directory we need to need the versions on cloud email is not an issue .