2 Questions - LMS and Grading

pbmac

Oct 25, 2019
Greetings...This has been my first semester using CompTIA's material to teach Linux+, Network+, and Security+. I have used a variety of other textbooks/course content, online labs etc, but thought I would try CompTIA books, and labs. I found them better than what I have used in the past, and the students have given me mostly positive feedback.

My questions are short, and perhaps have been answered in the past.
1) Is there any tools, or hacks that allow you to connect any of the CompTIA material/labs to an LMS?? (we use Canvas)
2) Anyone developed any methodology to grade a student's completion (or lack of) the online labs/videos??

Thanks...great to find this group of like minded folks
Pat McClanahan

pbmac

Oct 25, 2019
Hello Jeannette - thank you for the reply.

I am curious...what scores do they snapshot? I have taken the time to make graded exercises out of some of the Tasks, and encourage them to read the material, and watch the videos. For the most part the students are motivated...but what grades do your students submit? I see nothing of the CompTIA stuff that is graded, or am I misunderstanding??
Pat

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello @pbmac, thanks for the comments about CompTIA content. I will forward the comment to the content team. They put a lot of hard work into getting projects up and running.

With that said, I think what you are looking for is the CompTIA CertMaster Learn for Instructor Led Training. This option allows you to track student performance, what they have been working on and completion level of tasks as well as grades on assessments. There is the possibility of integrating into Canvas. There are some questions about versions but it is possible.

Not sure if you had the opportunity to catch the webinar providing an overview of CM Learn ILT but here is a link to check it out and you can access the resources for information about the platform and FAQ directly from webinar. https://bit.ly/CompTIA-eLearning