A+ certified x2 (GFL+CE), and just 25 years between them!

Rae Whitlock

• Jan 20, 2022
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Got my 1102 TTT voucher on Thursday afternoon and took the exam at pretty much my first opportunity--which happened to be this morning at 12:45 am. 😆 Passed with a 761 after just a quick run-through of all of the practice questions on the Official Instructor Guide. I didn't go too hard with review for this one because I figured that if I didn't pass, I'd be getting another free voucher in a few months anyway when I registered for the corresponding course at WGU, but now I don't even have to take that!

A+ GFL certified February 1998
    A+ CE certified September 2022

Got my 1102 TTT voucher on Thursday afternoon and took the exam at pretty much my first opportunity--which happened to be this morning at 12:45 am. 😆 Passed with a 761 after just a quick run-through of all of the practice questions on the Official Instructor Guide. I didn't go too hard with review for this one because I figured that if I didn't pass, I'd be getting another free voucher in a few months anyway when I registered for the corresponding course at WGU, but now I don't even have to take that!

Congrats on your pass! Not too many of us out there in the 101/102 club...

Reactions: Rae Whitlock

Akram F. Sulaiman

Jan 20, 2022
    Saudi Arabia

Well done and congrats

Congrats on your pass! Not too many of us out there in the 101/102 club...
    I got A+ in December 1997
    220-003A+ DOS/Microsoft Windows Module (retired 8/98)b55dtt2943Pass1997-Dec-18
    220-002A+ Core Service Technician Exam (retired 8/98)b55dtt2942Pass1997-Dec-18
    then in July 2008
    JK0-604E2C A+ Depot Technician226121835Pass2008-Jul-02
    JK0-601E2C A+ Essentials225677876Pass2008-Jun-03
    both above are lifetime and as soon as Stephen sends second voucher from TTT I will go take and expect to pass.

I got A+ in December 1997
    I got my A+ on a dare, actually. Basically, I finished my MCSE in 1998 (I believe it was) and some guy I worked with came up to me and said, "MCSE, that's great. But you don't have your A+".

MCSE back then was six exams and I just rocked Exchange 5.5 in 16 minutes. And I get this guff.

Well, that Friday, I went and took both sides of the A+, cold turkey. So I walked back in the shop, my MCSE in one hand, A+ in the other.

"Oh, but you don't have your MCSE!"

Boss walked out. The rest is history.

/r

I got my A+ on a dare, actually. Basically, I finished my MCSE in 1998 (I believe it was) and some guy I worked with came up to me and said, "MCSE, that's great. But you don't have your A+".

MCSE back then was six exams and I just rocked Exchange 5.5 in 16 minutes. And I get this guff.

Well, that Friday, I went and took both sides of the A+, cold turkey. So I walked back in the shop, my MCSE in one hand, A+ in the other.

"Oh, but you don't have your MCSE!"

Boss walked out. The rest is history.

/r
    I had just started at a new campus at a different college and heard the cabling guys keep talking about going to get A+ and studying needed and I figured out it was a PC repair and I had done and taught a number of years so I registered to do both in one day and passed both. Cold turkey. Got MCSE in 1999 with 6 exams with lots of studying and learning. I had to learn details i had not learned just doing.