A+ Objectives

Question: Why can't CompTIA perhaps do a better job at organizing objectives in a more logical order?
For example, with A+ Core 2 (220-1002) Safety and Professionalism is in the very last part. As a teacher, this is the very first thing I would want to teach, especially before we do any hands-on activities. This would make more sense to be in Core 1 rather than Core 2.
Am I wrong?

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" from my point of view; but rather, it comes in as a matter of teaching preference.

I have personally never seen a breakdown of the objectives that has flowed well for teaching. Whenever I would look at any textbook, either two-book solutions that would go 1001/1002 or a the single all-in-one big book, the chapter-by-chapter would never break down along the domains. Rather, it would follow a logical build up of skills and make sure that each objective was covered at the appropriate amount of depth (which is relative, based on that publisher/author's view of the objectives.) Even CompTIA's books don't follow the objectives straight through; they use a logical order of knowledge build up.

For example, you're not going to start A+ with "Chapter One: Mobile Devices" with a group of green students. Maybe if you're doing a review bootcamp, perhaps you'd roll that way, but not when teaching those Padawans the intros to the ways of the Force.

The way I see it, if you feel your classroom environment would begin with a briefing on Safety/Professionalism at the outset, which is not a bad idea, I'd say, go forth and be amazing.

That's my 2¢.

/r