An article that will appear in October 2019 issue of Certification Magazine

Back in the late 1990s I use to write articles for WindowsNT Magazine, and they actually paid me for content. Those days are a distant memory, in terms of getting paid. But I love to write, and it helps add credibility to both my teaching and the administrative aspect of my job with the California Community Colleges. Hence the reason I suggest IT trainers consider authoring an occasional article.

Wanted to share the attached article that I recently wrote, and included a reference to the CIN, as I wrote:
In a recent posting on a closed forum for CompTIA instructors, one of their executives posed the following question: Did you know out of the 129,397 total U.S. Cybersecurity job postings during Q1 2019, Project Management was rated #4 as a top specialized skill?

While the article titled "A Cybersecurity Job Seeker’s Guide to Employment" contains what I think is useful information for those seeking to enter the field, what I think was equally important is the need for cybersecurity professionals to hone their project management skills. Hence a push towards the Project+ certification. If you do not have that certification, you need to get it and start teaching it.

Steve

Attachments

• A Cybersecurity Job Seeker Guide to Employment.pdf
    386.3 KB · Views: 3