Assessments

Chris S

Jul 10, 2023
The issue I have with Test out is that the Practice test are no where close to a good mock exam. At least for A+
Wow. I feel the opposite, but I am very new to using it in my courses. I liked how TestOut has its own practice exam for its certification, and it has the CompTIA practice exam. Double the practice. I haven't taken a CompTIA exam yet, but I plan on doing it this next term with my students. I'll challenge them to see who can beat my score. Sounded fun.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Wow. I feel the opposite, but I am very new to using it in my courses. I liked how TestOut has its own practice exam for its certification, and it has the CompTIA practice exam. Double the practice. I haven't taken a CompTIA exam yet, but I plan on doing it this next term with my students. I'll challenge them to see who can beat my score. Sounded fun.
You haven't taken a CompTIA exam yet? Taking their exams is its own skill in addition to studying and knowing the material. Beware of "choose the best" when none of the choices are the best, all the choices suck depending on the situation, and you don't have all the information you need to determine the situation. I would highly suggest taking the exam before teaching the material.

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Not sure if you heard--this is about to change. CompTIA acquired TestOut earlier this year. They said the TestOut certs will be removed from the platform. The exams will still be there, but they won't be associated with any certification.

Reactions: Chris S