Assisted Lab: Using Virtualization Private Switch and External Switch procedure Mismatch

Wezzie Lukhere

Jun 26, 2023
After Configuring the Private Switch immediately the procedure tells you to configure an External Switch and then you are instructed to go to the Virtual Machine and do IP config command. When command is done it does not show any IP address yet the following instruction tells you to put an IP address that you find. Then later instructions flow to change the Network Adapter based on the specified IP Addresses. and then tells you that the IP address will not show up, later to change to external switch. so confusing for someone. Did you meet the same challenge.

However based on My experience in working with Virtual Machines, I knew what was going on and managed to work around.

After Configuring the Private Switch immediately the procedure tells you to configure an External Switch and then you are instructed to go to the Virtual Machine and do IP config command. When command is done it does not show any IP address yet the following instruction tells you to put an IP address that you find. Then later instructions flow to change the Network Adapter based on the specified IP Addresses. and then tells you that the IP address will not show up, later to change to external switch. so confusing for someone. Did you meet the same challenge.

However based on My experience in working with Virtual Machines, I knew what was going on and managed to work around.
@Wezzie Lukhere, What is the specific CompTIA product you reference that contains the content lesson "Assisted Lab: Using Virtualization Private Switch and External Switch"?