Balancing a work CompTIA account and personal account

starg33ker@CCST

• Aug 31, 2020
    Maryland
    Good evening!

I was wondering how does one go about managing multiple CompTIA accounts? For example, I have my personal account that I received my certifications under. I have my work account for access to CIN, store benefits for purchasing resources for students, etc. I may receive benefits under my work account that should, in theory, transfer to my personal account. I have training credits from attending prior TTT webinars that should apply to my personal account for recertification but I attended the events under my work account. I reached out to someone in charge of TTT on 8/17 to see if I could get some answers but I haven't heard anything. I'm sure I'm not alone in this so I wanted to ask the community for your thoughts?

Good evening!

I was wondering how does one go about managing multiple CompTIA accounts? For example, I have my personal account that I received my certifications under. I have my work account for access to CIN, store benefits for purchasing resources for students, etc. I may receive benefits under my work account that should, in theory, transfer to my personal account. I have training credits from attending prior TTT webinars that should apply to my personal account for recertification but I attended the events under my work account. I reached out to someone in charge of TTT on 8/17 to see if I could get some answers but I haven't heard anything. I'm sure I'm not alone in this so I wanted to ask the community for your thoughts?
    Hey there:

Well, I was doing this for a while, and then I realized it was too much of a pain. So, I asked the fine folks at support to merge my accounts. Since I my work, Learning, CAPP, and CIN are so closely knit together, I flagged everything under my work e-mail. I figure that in the unlikely event that I do change jobs, I can easily just take my account with me.

It really is a pain to manage multiple accounts, for sure, and I really wanted to make use of SSO (even though, that's not quite working, but it's not a priority at the moment).

So that's the way I'd go if I were in your situation.

Reach out again if I can help!

/r

Reactions: Mirko
    That is good to know that you can easily change your work account so you don't lose access to anything. When you contacted support, did you account your regional account rep or did you go through support@comptia?
    I went through the normal support channel. Here's the page I used - big red button - CompTIA Support.

HTH

/r

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've been struggling with this same thing. I have my personal account, and when I started doing consulting work for a CompTIA partner I had to make a separate "personal" account for teaching things, then I started working for them and got an email address through them. So I have things spread across 3 email addresses. I do all of my certs through my original personal account though.

Good evening!

I was told not to have two accounts and I had to get Stephen Schnrieter to get them merged as two accounts confused their system.

starg33ker@CCST

• Aug 31, 2020
    Maryland
    Yeah, they may take a day or two to get back around to you. It took me about a week and I was good to go. /r
    There was an issue after the merge but all has been resolved now. I logged in and see that I now have a $50 past due CE fee for A+. I have no idea what this is about as I never got an invoice, email, or notification stating that anything was due or a deadline of such. I'm assuming this is an error and will be corrected. I created a new ticket on the matter. Time will tell...

There was an issue after the merge but all has been resolved now. I logged in and see that I now have a $50 past due CE fee for A+. I have no idea what this is about as I never got an invoice, email, or notification stating that anything was due or a deadline of such. I'm assuming this is an error and will be corrected. I created a new ticket on the matter. Time will tell...
    Are you enrolled in the CE program to renew your certifications?

starg33ker@CCST

• Aug 31, 2020
    Maryland
    I am now. This is my first time renewing my certs and wasn't aware of the CE program fees at all. This has been explained to me and I've paid them. Now I need to determine which route I want to take. As instructors and CompTIA partners, do you know if we get a discount on the CE course? It sounds like a variant of CertMaster Learn, which I buy every year for my students. I'm not sure if what I've done already in CertMaster Learn matters or if it will be redundant. If I went the traditional way, I can provide my syllabus to check off the "teacher" credits (20), I can upload 20 hours worth of lesson plans to check off "instructional materials" for an additional 20 credits, I can submit a letter on school letter head stating that I've been teaching for 3 years for 9 credits, and then catch a 1 hour webinar for the remaining credit. That should allow me to renew for Security+. Too bad I missed the TTT sessions on that a while back but I did catch your A+ sessions but I don't think those CEUs matter because it's lesser than Security+.