Beta Exam for New Server+

Solution
It's not what you know.... It's who you know.... Scheduled the exam for March 26th. Once I complete the exam I'll post information here that I plan to share with California's community college faculty, detailing its alignment with our ITIS 155 System and Network Administration course (see https://c-id.net/descriptors/final/show/486 ).

BTW Stephen. The voucher was a "retirement" gift.......

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi Everyone, Thanks for the interest in Server+ I am really excited about the update for a vendor neutral program that cover. The beta exam is a closed beta, meaning it is not open to the general public. The exam is currently scheduled to launch late July. Of course CIN will be keeping you up to date with the new exam as we get closer to launch including a Server+ SK0-005 Sneak Peak in May and then a TTT series, which will be schedule sometime after the launch.

I am happy to address any questions about the new exam with what little I know and I am happy to find out the answer from the Server+ Product Manager.

I managed to get a voucher for the beta exam (my source remains anonymous). The bottom line, specifically for those reasons detailed in the Certification Magazine article I wrote earlier this week, is I think the release of the new exam will be great. I was provided a copy of the new exam objectives but told not to share it. However, as we all know, a simple Google search (perhaps "reddit" and sk0-005 [or sk1-005]) might prove useful. I'll report out on my thoughts on the beta later this month.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, @Steve Linthicum, you must know the right people my friend! I caught static trying to secure beta vouchers for instructors. Good luck on the exam! Lookign forwrad to your thoughts!

News about upcoming webinars for Server+ coming out in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Mary BG
    It's not what you know.... It's who you know.... Scheduled the exam for March 26th. Once I complete the exam I'll post information here that I plan to share with California's community college faculty, detailing its alignment with our ITIS 155 System and Network Administration course (see https://c-id.net/descriptors/final/show/486 ).

BTW Stephen. The voucher was a "retirement" gift.......

Last edited:
    Solution