• We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

CASP+/SecurityX PBQ & Lab Practice Recommendations

Tom.Schultz

Jul 20, 2020
In addition to the Cert Master content, can anyone recommend other resources they used for practice leading up to the exam or recommendations based on their experience with the exam, without giving away too much about the exam.
TryHackMe and Hack the Box have a bunch of content...just not sure what's applicable to CASP+/SecurityX, and what other resources are available.

I've got study materials like books, practice MC questions and flashcards covered.

Thanks!

Jose A Ruiz Marquez

• Dec 30, 2023
    Puerto Rico
    The TryHackMe SOC Levels 1 and 2 are great for CASP+. You use tools like Splunk, and work with Threat Hunting and Emulation, Incident Response, and Malware Analysis. On the search bar look for "governance, risk, compliance" and you’ll find some solid rooms that tie directly into CASP+ objectives. These paths align really well with the exam's focus on enterprise-level security operations, continuous monitoring, proactive threat management, and incident response strategies. SOC Level 2, in particular, is great for learning how to detect, analyze, and respond to real-time security threats, which is exactly what CASP+ expects you to master.

I’ve been working with TryHackMe for a couple of years now and have completed SOC 1 and 2, along with the Pentest+, Junior Pentester, and Offensive Security paths. All of that really prepped me for CASP+. Honestly, when I took the exam, a lot of people said it was tough, but for me, it felt pretty comfortable. I’m sure that the combination of job experience and THM played a huge part in making it easier. Funny enough, Linux+ was actually harder for me than CASP+!

Tom.Schultz

Jul 20, 2020
    The TryHackMe SOC Levels 1 and 2 are great for CASP+. You use tools like Splunk, and work with Threat Hunting and Emulation, Incident Response, and Malware Analysis. On the search bar look for "governance, risk, compliance" and you’ll find some solid rooms that tie directly into CASP+ objectives. These paths align really well with the exam's focus on enterprise-level security operations, continuous monitoring, proactive threat management, and incident response strategies. SOC Level 2, in particular, is great for learning how to detect, analyze, and respond to real-time security threats, which is exactly what CASP+ expects you to master.

I’ve been working with TryHackMe for a couple of years now and have completed SOC 1 and 2, along with the Pentest+, Junior Pentester, and Offensive Security paths. All of that really prepped me for CASP+. Honestly, when I took the exam, a lot of people said it was tough, but for me, it felt pretty comfortable. I’m sure that the combination of job experience and THM played a huge part in making it easier. Funny enough, Linux+ was actually harder for me than CASP+!
    Thanks! This is very helpful

Fanuel

• Nov 17, 2020
    Lilongwe, Malawi, Central Africa
    www.dbc-malawi.org

I’ve been working with TryHackMe for a couple of years now and have completed SOC 1 and 2, along with the Pentest+, Junior Pentester, and Offensive Security paths. All of that really prepped me for CASP+. Honestly, when I took the exam, a lot of people said it was tough, but for me, it felt pretty comfortable. I’m sure that the combination of job experience and THM played a huge part in making it easier. Funny enough, Linux+ was actually harder for me than CASP+

I find this more helpful, thanks @Jose A Ruiz Marquez