CASP+ vs CISSP

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Team, I have recently passed CISSP! Wow...what a journey! I've actually made a video about it, which I will share. Last year, I've concurred CASP+, which was also a challenge. Funny, I was unsuccessful twice with both certs before passing. Talk about stress, but I set a goal and achieved it.

Both certifications were challenging in their own way. CASP+ is more on the technical side. Those simulations...UGH! Know your Linux. Unfortunately, I am weak with Linux. I am a Windows guy!

CISSP is on the management side. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING, unlike CASP+, you want to fix the problem. With CISSP, you are an IT Manager, CISO, and other roles of IT management. You truly need to know the flow nd the "why" of everything. Memorizing terms and the steps in a process (RMF), will not work. How does everything connect? Is the CIA Triad affected? The security treatment that was decided on, does it align with company goals and objectives?

Both certs are excellent and hold a tremendous amount of value to your career. Keep studying!

CISSP Journey

Team, I have recently passed CISSP! Wow...what a journey! I've actually made a video about it, which I will share. Last year, I've concurred CASP+, which was also a challenge. Funny, I was unsuccessful twice with both certs before passing. Talk about stress, but I set a goal and achieved it.

Both certifications were challenging in their own way. CASP+ is more on the technical side. Those simulations...UGH! Know your Linux. Unfortunately, I am weak with Linux. I am a Windows guy!

CISSP is on the management side. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING, unlike CASP+, you want to fix the problem. With CISSP, you are an IT Manager, CISO, and other roles of IT management. You truly need to know the flow nd the "why" of everything. Memorizing terms and the steps in a process (RMF), will not work. How does everything connect? Is the CIA Triad affected? The security treatment that was decided on, does it align with company goals and objectives?

Both certs are excellent and hold a tremendous amount of value to your career. Keep studying!

CISSP Journey
    Congrats! CISSP is very tough.

Reactions: Cyber Russ

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Congrats! CISSP is very tough.

Yes, it is from an IT Management perspective. CASP+ is also rough, from the technical perspective. If you achieve CASP and want to pursue CISSP, you MUST convert from break n' fix, to following the process, gathering information to present to Sr. Leadership, and so on. CISSP is a completely different mindset.

Edmond Fotso

Apr 30, 2020

CISSP Journey
    Hi @Cyber Russ,
    I passed my CISSP in November 2021 at the first attend; after 1 year of hesitation to sit for the exam. As you said, this exam require that a candidate THINKS like a MANGER. On the other hand, I sat for CASP+ but was not successful at the first attempt; to technical to my taste. I hope to be successful on next attempt.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Hi @Cyber Russ,
    I passed my CISSP in November 2021 at the first attend; after 1 year of hesitation to sit for the exam. As you said, this exam require that a candidate THINKS like a MANGER. On the other hand, I sat for CASP+ but was not successful at the first attempt; to technical to my taste. I hope to be successful on next attempt.
    Good morning! First, CONGRATS on your CISSP success, and on the first attempt. It took me several attempts to achieve my CISSP, as well as CASP+. Both exams cover basically the same objectives, but from different perspectives.

Keep at it and you will get there. Let us know when you get CASP+.

Bajmagda

Aug 8, 2019
    Maine, USA

CISSP Journey

admar

Jan 18, 2022
    Luanda
    Equipe, passei recentemente no CISSP! Uau... que viagem! Na verdade, fiz um vídeo sobre isso, que vou compartilhar. No ano passado, concordei com o CASP+, que também foi um desafio. Engraçado, não tive sucesso duas vezes com os dois certificados antes de passar. Fale sobre estresse, mas eu estabeleci uma meta e a alcancei.

Ambas as certificações foram desafiadoras à sua maneira. O CASP+ é mais técnico. Essas simulações... UGH! Conheça o seu Linux. Infelizmente, sou fraco com Linux. Eu sou um cara do Windows!

O CISSP está do lado da gestão. NÃO CORRIJA NADA, ao contrário do CASP+, você deseja corrigir o problema. Com o CISSP, você é um Gerente de TI, CISO e outras funções de gerenciamento de TI. Você realmente precisa saber o fluxo e o "porquê" de tudo. Memorizar os termos e as etapas de um processo (RMF) não funcionará. Como tudo se conecta? A Tríade da CIA é afetada? O tratamento de segurança que foi decidido está alinhado com as metas e objetivos da empresa?

Ambos os certificados são excelentes e têm um enorme valor para sua carreira. Continua a estudar!

Jornada CISSP
    Could you explain why you failed on first attemp in both certification? I would like to know mistakes you did. I learn by mistakes