CCSP vs. Cloud+: How Do They Stack Up?

These kinds of comparison articles are often amusing to me. Objectively, and at the risk of it being quite obvious, I have to say that both of these articles are just a bit biased. I really don't see a cert body saying, "our competitors cert is better and more profitable than ours", even if it may be true.

CCSP is slanted more towards security, where Cloud+ is more in the center. Cloud+ is more junior than CCSP. But, like so many concerns in the security world, there are no "this cert is better than that one" or "this cert is more marketable". To me, that's nonsense.

The question of "which cert is better", to me, comes from a false premise. We see it in our entry level students who go looking for a cert so they can find that quick path to a dream job that pays out stupid bank. But in the end, they're chasing a pipe dream, because no one cert will get you "there". There isn't a single cert or credential out there that will make the masses fall prostrate before a person, hailed as "IT god"

I say this to them, "Stop chasing the money."

I think when it comes to certs, it comes down to the person getting those certs. I think Cloud+ is invaluable to the entry to intermediate cloud worker, but it would be naivete to call it all-inclusive. I think you get a guy with a couple years experience with Cloud+ and Azure Fundamentals or AWS Associate, you have someone who won't have to look long to find work. And if he has the drive and ambition to keep going to the professional level, I think he'll be well compensated. Certs are part of a package deal.

/r

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    These kinds of comparison articles are often amusing to me. Objectively, and at the risk of it being quite obvious, I have to say that both of these articles are just a bit biased. I really don't see a cert body saying, "our competitors cert is better and more profitable than ours", even if it may be true.

CCSP is slanted more towards security, where Cloud+ is more in the center. Cloud+ is more junior than CCSP. But, like so many concerns in the security world, there are no "this cert is better than that one" or "this cert is more marketable". To me, that's nonsense.

The question of "which cert is better", to me, comes from a false premise. We see it in our entry level students who go looking for a cert so they can find that quick path to a dream job that pays out stupid bank. But in the end, they're chasing a pipe dream, because no one cert will get you "there". There isn't a single cert or credential out there that will make the masses fall prostrate before a person, hailed as "IT god"

I say this to them, "Stop chasing the money."

I think when it comes to certs, it comes down to the person getting those certs. I think Cloud+ is invaluable to the entry to intermediate cloud worker, but it would be naivete to call it all-inclusive. I think you get a guy with a couple years experience with Cloud+ and Azure Fundamentals or AWS Associate, you have someone who won't have to look long to find work. And if he has the drive and ambition to keep going to the professional level, I think he'll be well compensated. Certs are part of a package deal.

/r
    That is the problem which has created the confusion for the trainee. When I have delivered the trainings, I has alway tried to help my students to orient the learning paths. I don't know how other countries to evaluate the applicant, but in my country the employers have always requested "super employee" for works although their works are different.
    These kinds of comparison articles are confusing them.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Well, naturally employers always want the best person they can get for the job. But employers aren't always keen on paying a person what they are worth (something that I touched on in this post) . But I do think there is a lot of misalignment between the candidate, the job, the expectation, and the salary - probably why, at one time or another, shortly after taking a gig thought to ourselves, "did I just make a mistake in joining this outfit?"

/r