Change Name For Student?

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
How do we change a student's name in the system after a student remarriage?
What options do we have?
I went through this myself. I had to contact CompTIA support and provide a copy of my driver's license and marriage certificate. They were then able to change my. It then showed that change when I went to register for my next exam through PearsonVue. Took about a week start to finish to get my name updated. Biggest thing is that for PearsonVue your name on your ID has to match exactly. Originally my CompTIA account was under "Abby Krane" but my drivers license says "Abby Nicole Norton Krane". One particular PearsonVue testing site would not accept my drivers license as ID, it was a big issue.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I echo Abby's post.

Contact CompTIA support to have the change in the system.

However, please let your students be aware that they need to provide 2 IDs as proof of identification, which need to match their registered name for the exam. I had a student who was successful in changing her name, but had to cancel / reschedule an exam due to lack of proper ID.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I echo Abby's post.

Contact CompTIA support to have the change in the system.

However, please let your students be aware that they need to provide 2 IDs as proof of identification, which need to match their registered name for the exam. I had a student who was successful in changing her name, but had to cancel / reschedule an exam due to lack of proper ID.
    Thank you for adding that. I use my Passport as my second ID