CIN Instructor ebbok

Sivanesan

Jun 4, 2020
Malaysia
Greetings

I would like to request the instructor book which gives 1 month access to go thru can be extended to 3 months. Because 1 month is too short for us go through the cert master ebook.

We have the downloadable book. It's very good the cert master going thru chapter by chapter and also the assessment questions. All the instructor also will agree 1 month is too short for us to go thru. Hope Comptia can give us at least 3 months.

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
Greetings

I would like to request the instructor book which gives 1 month access to go thru can be extended to 3 months. Because 1 month is too short for us go through the cert master ebook.

We have the downloadable book. It's very good the cert master going thru chapter by chapter and also the assessment questions. All the instructor also will agree 1 month is too short for us to go thru. Hope Comptia can give us at least 3 months.
If CompTIA will do that, it is a welcome idea but I doubt.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Greetings

I'm just glad they give us access at all. That is certainly something they do not have to do. I feel like 30 days is enough. I download the book pdf, all the instructor resources like the powerpoints, and then I go through the lesson practice questions and assessment. Questions that I struggle with I make notes on. I make my notes in an excel spreadsheet so I can have a sheet for each lesson and a sheet for the assessment. In some cases I'll copy and past the questions with their reasoning for the correct answer into there as well. I reference my excel spreadsheet later on after my access has expired. I can normally get this all done in a weekend. The ebook you are commenting on is the same as the book you download. I always use the downloaded one anyways (even on the courses I teach and have lengthy access to) since I can highlight and make notes and then use it from my other devices like my Kindle reader. I may watch some of the videos that are available, but it is never my focus. The videos are supplementary to my class teaching later on anyways. Another thing, I never activate my 30 days until I am able to dedicate time. I do not activate it right away. For example, I still haven't used my PenTest 002 activation even though I got it weeks ago. I won't use it unit I have a couple of weeks this summer when I'm not teaching my own classes, then I can focus on studies. Hope you find something helpful in the process I use.

Last edited:
Greetings

For sure more time is needed, two to three months is ideal.

Reactions: Nilay Sharma

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Greetings

I think that you should know that the code is as the gift from CompTIA that offers freely to CINers, so you could not request more about this. If you would like to use with more time, you should request directly from your rep or self-pay.
    About your rep in area, please get the help from Mr. @Stephen Schneiter.

Last edited:
    Another thing, I never activate my 30 days until I am able to dedicate time. I do not activate it right away. For example, I still haven't used my PenTest 002 activation even though I got it weeks ago. I won't use it unit I have a couple of weeks this summer when I'm not teaching my own classes, then I can focus on studies.
    I do the same thing. I've had a backlog of certs that I'm trying to wrap up and do. (and I got really slowed down on them during 2021) I'm not sure, though, how long those codes will live on the shelf - could be six months, could be a year, not sure about that, but I do know they aren't perpetual like that.

/r

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
    I do the same thing. I've had a backlog of certs that I'm trying to wrap up and do. (and I got really slowed down on them during 2021) I'm not sure, though, how long those codes will live on the shelf - could be six months, could be a year, not sure about that, but I do know they aren't perpetual like that.

/r
    I think I will follow you guys and do the same since i have a lot on my hands

Really I didn't know we could keep the activation until we free to use it. Then it solves the problem. I was thinking when we first get the code we need activate it.

Thank you for infos guys and ladies.
    I ran into that once! The longest I have waited to redeem a code is about 4 months. I got paranoid that it also had a deadline. I needed the right month for me to be able to focus on that material.

Sivanesan

Jun 4, 2020
    Malaysia
    I'm just glad they give us access at all. That is certainly something they do not have to do. I feel like 30 days is enough. I download the book pdf, all the instructor resources like the powerpoints, and then I go through the lesson practice questions and assessment. Questions that I struggle with I make notes on. I make my notes in an excel spreadsheet so I can have a sheet for each lesson and a sheet for the assessment. In some cases I'll copy and past the questions with their reasoning for the correct answer into there as well. I reference my excel spreadsheet later on after my access has expired. I can normally get this all done in a weekend. The ebook you are commenting on is the same as the book you download. I always use the downloaded one anyways (even on the courses I teach and have lengthy access to) since I can highlight and make notes and then use it from my other devices like my Kindle reader. I may watch some of the videos that are available, but it is never my focus. The videos are supplementary to my class teaching later on anyways. Another thing, I never activate my 30 days until I am able to dedicate time. I do not activate it right away. For example, I still haven't used my PenTest 002 activation even though I got it weeks ago. I won't use it unit I have a couple of weeks this summer when I'm not teaching my own classes, then I can focus on studies. Hope you find something helpful in the process I use.
    Why have 30days acces deadline, we are trainer not students. We are teaching this course for comptia.