CIN Sneak Peek - CompTIA Tech+ FC0-U71

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    CompTIA IT Fundamentals is changing! The next release for ITF+ will be called CompTIA Tech+ FC0-U71 and will be launching this fall. Join the CompTIA Instructor Network and special guest Abby Krane as she takes a Sneak Peek into the changes with the new exam objectives. We will discuss how to cover the content with students and suggest various labs to let students gain hands-on experience as they prepare for certification.

CompTIA Tech+ (FC0-U71) lays the groundwork for a career in emerging tech, covering vital skills in system support, cybersecurity, and emerging tech. Tech+ builds a solid foundation and confirms student readiness for tech roles.

What: two-hour webinar investigating updated Tech+ exam
    When: Tuesday, April 23, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
    Where: ON24
    Who: Abby Krane
    Register Now

1708455083311.png
    Tech+ Logo  RGB (1).png

Last edited:
    Why the rebranding?
    Dost my eyes deceive me? It's Stephen Padilla! Wassup my dude!

So, they talked about this during the Partner Summit last year. Essentially, CompTIA is developing certifications more in line towards job roles and proficiencies, rather than the old school model of certifying on products or categories of technology, from what I can tell. Microsoft did this with the MCP line, several years back, creating proficiencies based on job role although their stuff is based on product centricity.

Tech+ is more positioned for the uber-user - that person who is more of a power user with aspirations of being in IT or just more advanced user knowledge beyond that of a general user.

Does that make sense?

Stephen P

Aug 7, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Dost my eyes deceive me? It's Stephen Padilla! Wassup my dude!

So, they talked about this during the Partner Summit last year. Essentially, CompTIA is developing certifications more in line towards job roles and proficiencies, rather than the old school model of certifying on products or categories of technology, from what I can tell. Microsoft did this with the MCP line, several years back, creating proficiencies based on job role although their stuff is based on product centricity.

Tech+ is more positioned for the uber-user - that person who is more of a power user with aspirations of being in IT or just more advanced user knowledge beyond that of a general user.

Does that make sense?
    Thank you for the clarification!

Yes, I am back, I suppose. After I was laid off from CTCA, and then the whole CITF thing fell apart later, I stayed away from CompTIA for a couple of years. Sadly, I allowed that to include CIN. I should have stayed active here, but there were issues I did not want to deal with yet.

Yes, I am back, I suppose. After I was laid off from CTCA, and then the whole CITF thing fell apart later, I stayed away from CompTIA for a couple of years. Sadly, I allowed that to include CIN. I should have stayed active here, but there were issues I did not want to deal with yet.
    Totally understand that bit. Sometimes, life just puts in a crummy place where we can't be where want or do what we want. I am glad to see you back around and look forward to more fun with you and ol' C.Biscuit. Cheers, mate. /r

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN

Welcome back, Sir! Arr, Matey, you be missed! And, of course C.Biscuit! P-)

• Love
    Reactions: Stephen P
    CompTIA IT Fundamentals is changing! The next release for ITF+ will be called CompTIA Tech+ FC0-U71 and will be launching this fall. Join the CompTIA Instructor Network and special guest Abby Krane as she takes a Sneak Peek into the changes with the new exam objectives. We will discuss how to cover the content with students and suggest various labs to let students gain hands-on experience as they prepare for certification.

CompTIA Tech+ (FC0-U71) lays the groundwork for a career in emerging tech, covering vital skills in system support, cybersecurity, and emerging tech. Tech+ builds a solid foundation and confirms student readiness for tech roles.

What: two-hour webinar investigating updated Tech+ exam
    When: Tuesday, April 23, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM CST
    Where: ON24
    Who: Abby Krane
    Register Now

1708455083311.png
    View attachment 1715
    I am eagerly looking forward to this. Excited.