CIN TTT Series - PenTest+ PT0-002

Thomas

Dec 21, 2021
Join the CompTIA Instructor Network as we welcome Lee McWhorter who will lead our PenTest+ PT0-002 TTT series. The series will consist of twelve sessions covering the PenTest+ exam domains. Lee will teach the key cybersecurity concepts covered on the exam as well as hands-on activities with key technology tools used by cybersecurity professionals.

We will also discuss instructional strategy for presenting the concepts to students and best practices for implementing a PenTest+ course.

PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:

• Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
  • Understand legal and compliance requirements
  • Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques, and then analyze the results
  • Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations

What: 12-session webinar series
When: Jan. 18 – Mar. 03, 2022
Where: ON24
Registration (Be sure to select all of the sessions)

View attachment 630View attachment 631
Shall be interesting TTT. Thank for sharing!

Reactions: ONN

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hi everyone, the voucher list will be submitted this week for approval. I am not sure when folks are returning from holidays, but I am hoping for approval this week. Once I have that I will place the order. I hope to receive and begin distribution next week.

ONN

Jan 3, 2022
    Join the CompTIA Instructor Network as we welcome Lee McWhorter who will lead our PenTest+ PT0-002 TTT series. The series will consist of twelve sessions covering the PenTest+ exam domains. Lee will teach the key cybersecurity concepts covered on the exam as well as hands-on activities with key technology tools used by cybersecurity professionals.

We will also discuss instructional strategy for presenting the concepts to students and best practices for implementing a PenTest+ course.

PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:

• Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
    • Understand legal and compliance requirements
    • Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques, and then analyze the results
    • Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations

What: 12-session webinar series
    When: Jan. 18 – Mar. 03, 2022
    Where: ON24
    Registration (Be sure to select all of the sessions)

View attachment 630View attachment 631
    Thank for your info!

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    All registered. This will be my first TTT series. Very excited. How does it work to get a voucher after attending? Thanks so much!!!
    @Abby N Krane , you need to attend all sessions (with POP) and comply with new requirement from CompTIA (you must be active CINer that you have been). About two weeks after the last session, CompTIA shall validate the regular attendees and process the vouchers for them, when Mr. Stephen and teams receive the vouchers, they shall distribute to the regular attendees, please be patient with this time.:)

All registered. This will be my first TTT series. Very excited. How does it work to get a voucher after attending? Thanks so much!!!
    Hi Abby: Welcome to the CIN! I did this write-up a bit ago to help out another user. Lots of stuff of which to be aware as you take your plunge into CIN'er's Paradise:

When we say "attend the TTT", we are saying that you're participating in the seminar during the active working window, beginning from the start of the first session and continuing until two weeks after the end of the last session ("the window"). @Stephen Schneiter will usually announce these deadlines during the TTT's as well as on the forums. But generally, it's two weeks after the last session.

During the window, attendees have access to the following:

Textbook: In the window, you'll end up getting 30 day online access to the CompTIA texts, the student guide and instructor guide. You have access to them for 30 days after you activate your access, so if you wish to defer for a while, you can do that. Not sure if/when that access code dies, if left unused. Additionally you can download PDF copies of both the student guide and instructor guide for your exclusive perpetual use. These resources are usually available about a week after the window opens.

CompTIA CertMaster Learn/Labs: This is for the TTT instructor only, and only has a 30 day period so the instructor can use these resources to teach the webinar. Sorry folks, only the instructor gets these. Also, CertMaster Practice is not available, which is an important distinction because the questions you see in the Book or CMLearn are not quite certification grade. So if you're spinning up to take the exam, you will want some additional practice testing support.

Voucher: CompTIA provides a complimentary voucher for those who complete all the sessions during the window. This means either watching them via the live session, on-demand, or a combo of both. You must complete all sessions before the window closes to get the voucher. Once you have the voucher, you generally have six months or a year (not sure, this has changed a couple times, so check when you get the voucher), to activate the voucher. Once activated, you have one year to take your test with PearsonVUE.

Implemented this year, voucher recipients have to be active members of the CompTIA Instructor's Network. This is to prevent random passers by from attending the sessions and getting vouchers for free; TTT is for Instructors. :)

CEU's: For every two hours you participate, either on-demand or live, you earn one Continuing Education Unit (CEU). These are appropriate for organizations that require CEU's for professional development as well as part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program. At the conclusion of each session, you will see an icon that looks like an award ribbon. This will spawn up a PDF of your certificate. You really should collect these, because if there is a dispute about whether or not you completed a session, these serve as evidential proof.

Once the window closes, all the sessions are perpetually available for viewing. However, there is no further access to any other benefit, other than the CEU's (which are still pretty valuable if you are doing CE for your organization or maintaining your CompTIA cert with CEUs).

Hopefully this is verbose enough to clear up any questions regarding how TTT works. I share these things with my fellow instructors and I would hope you do the same - there really is a lot of good value add here, with CompTIA helping keep instructor credentials up to date. All it takes is for the instructors to do the hard work to stay certified.

Hi everyone, the voucher list will be submitted this week for approval. I am not sure when folks are returning from holidays, but I am hoping for approval this week. Once I have that I will place the order. I hope to receive and begin distribution next week.
    1641491007849.png

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hi Abby: Welcome to the CIN! I did this write-up a bit ago to help out another user. Lots of stuff of which to be aware as you take your plunge into CIN'er's Paradise:

When we say "attend the TTT", we are saying that you're participating in the seminar during the active working window, beginning from the start of the first session and continuing until two weeks after the end of the last session ("the window"). @Stephen Schneiter will usually announce these deadlines during the TTT's as well as on the forums. But generally, it's two weeks after the last session.

During the window, attendees have access to the following:

Textbook: In the window, you'll end up getting 30 day online access to the CompTIA texts, the student guide and instructor guide. You have access to them for 30 days after you activate your access, so if you wish to defer for a while, you can do that. Not sure if/when that access code dies, if left unused. Additionally you can download PDF copies of both the student guide and instructor guide for your exclusive perpetual use. These resources are usually available about a week after the window opens.

CompTIA CertMaster Learn/Labs: This is for the TTT instructor only, and only has a 30 day period so the instructor can use these resources to teach the webinar. Sorry folks, only the instructor gets these. Also, CertMaster Practice is not available, which is an important distinction because the questions you see in the Book or CMLearn are not quite certification grade. So if you're spinning up to take the exam, you will want some additional practice testing support.

Voucher: CompTIA provides a complimentary voucher for those who complete all the sessions during the window. This means either watching them via the live session, on-demand, or a combo of both. You must complete all sessions before the window closes to get the voucher. Once you have the voucher, you generally have six months or a year (not sure, this has changed a couple times, so check when you get the voucher), to activate the voucher. Once activated, you have one year to take your test with PearsonVUE.

Implemented this year, voucher recipients have to be active members of the CompTIA Instructor's Network. This is to prevent random passers by from attending the sessions and getting vouchers for free; TTT is for Instructors. :)

CEU's: For every two hours you participate, either on-demand or live, you earn one Continuing Education Unit (CEU). These are appropriate for organizations that require CEU's for professional development as well as part of the CompTIA Continuing Education program. At the conclusion of each session, you will see an icon that looks like an award ribbon. This will spawn up a PDF of your certificate. You really should collect these, because if there is a dispute about whether or not you completed a session, these serve as evidential proof.

Once the window closes, all the sessions are perpetually available for viewing. However, there is no further access to any other benefit, other than the CEU's (which are still pretty valuable if you are doing CE for your organization or maintaining your CompTIA cert with CEUs).

Hopefully this is verbose enough to clear up any questions regarding how TTT works. I share these things with my fellow instructors and I would hope you do the same - there really is a lot of good value add here, with CompTIA helping keep instructor credentials up to date. All it takes is for the instructors to do the hard work to stay certified.
    This is fantastic! Super helpful! Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: Nasir

Mallia

• Mar 21, 2021
    Hi @Stephen Schneiter can we assume to get this week or? ;)