Comment Option in normal Exams? Do you miss it?

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
I took the Beta of Cysa+ last week, and there was on Option to comment on Questions.
I took A+ Core2 also, but there is no Option for Comments. That is sad, because there were two or three Questions, that would deserve a Comment.
One had to possible correct Answers, but did ask for only 1.
One had a Typo in the Text, somewhere...
There is then no way to report Errors back to CompTIA.

So i wonder, why Comptia does not allow (like others): Mark for Comment afterwards or directly in the Exam, but only in Beta..

What is your Opinion here?

I don't think comments on a live exam are really appropriate because of the bias. A person may become jaded if they find their performance on an exam didn't go well, even before their actual score is revealed. Or they may not really care to put up any comments if they pass.

Also, there is more on the line in a live exam versus a beta exam and usually the exam questions are more set once the live exam releases. CompTIA isn't really looking for feedback during those exams.

Beta exams are still, more or less, in development, so the questions are far more in a state of flux. So a comment field is more appropriate in this case.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
I don't think comments on a live exam are really appropriate because of the bias. A person may become jaded if they find their performance on an exam didn't go well, even before their actual score is revealed. Or they may not really care to put up any comments if they pass.

Also, there is more on the line in a live exam versus a beta exam and usually the exam questions are more set once the live exam releases. CompTIA isn't really looking for feedback during those exams.

Beta exams are still, more or less, in development, so the questions are far more in a state of flux. So a comment field is more appropriate in this case.
You have always People complaining. It may be different for Native Speaker, but as Person with Engl. as Secondary Language, sometimes Questions are confusing or miss a word to make the Question understandable.

Microsoft still allows Feedback in the normal Exam.

For Beta it is helpful.
But since there are Questions with real Errors, how to report them, when their is no Way then in the Exam.
Comments could be allowed after the Exam, so no time wasted during the Exam for Commenting.
So, i would appreciate it.

Michael

Stuart

May 28, 2022

I agree with Rick here I think if you open up comments before the score is shown you will have a number of comments that the person may not have put if they had known the pass.

I have sat a number of exams and sometimes there are 2 answers that look right but when you reread the question or think about it after you change your mind

I think its good that CompTIA has the betas and can accept feedback

Just my thoughts here

Stuart

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Hello Stuart, thanks for your reply. For other Vendors it works with the Comment, even after the Exam.
I agree, that often two are the best answers, and then there a like 0,0001% the one is better then the other.
And we can`t go into detail here, but i am 100% sure, one of the questions i had there were two technical correct answers.
I am not english native speaker, but if a question is that fine in the answers, that you need to know the differences in the language, that may only native speaker know: I feel excluded as non native engl. speaker, and a question should be clear to everyone with a least good level of the Language in a Technical Enviroment.

Still, in CompTIA Exams today after like more then 100 IT Exams (Different Vendors) i struggle with some sentences , what the SME want with the question as they wrote it. Reading it 5 times does not make it better.
And i passed CISM or CRISC; which really differentiate in the wording of the question and answers. With Microsoft or others i usually don`t have this Problems as with CompTIA Exams.
Often there are questions, that seems only for engl native speaker understandable.
Even a comment like give the Feedback: What are you asking? i don`t understand this. Should make clear, that this Question may not be that easy to understand for Non Engl. Native Speaker. Even with 30min more time.

It seems there are two parties for this, and most don`t want to give feedback (and assume others as well don`t want to, so they want to deny these opion afterwards)
And i have a different Opinion, then others for this problem.

We may close then this Discussion, all said and wrote.

Michael